The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

shorley_wall
Hi, So is it just cuths that go up next Saturday?

I think that half of the bailey colleges go on Saturday and half on Sunday to try and spread out the traffic problems.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
As a foundation year student my 1st official university 'thing' is on Wednesday 29th when we meet the staff and other students for coffee... and as a St. Cuthbert's 'liver out', we kick off on Friday with a college lunch and collecting campus ID cards.

I'm glad I'll miss the weekend madness.
Reply 62
I'm doing psychology at Grey :biggrin:
I'm pretty nervous but since sorting everything out, this week couldn't go fast enough to be fair, especially considering most of my friends are already at uni now as well
Reply 63
AndyBursh
Looking forward to meeting my flat mates in Butler. I guess it'd be nice to be told who I'm living with BEFORE I arrived, but I guess they don't have the arrangements done until shortly before people arrive?

Hi :h: I'm at Butler, doing Law. I'm really excited but also slightly apprehensive about the flatmates. I think its great not knowing who i'll be sharing with cos everyone would be on EXACTLY the same footing. even international students. i hope my flat sharing buddies will be up for a mini spped meeting everyone session first night lol.
shorley_wall
Hi, So is it just cuths that go up next Saturday?

no, grey starts on saturday too :biggrin:
Reply 65
Skuzzy
As a foundation year student my 1st official university 'thing' is on Wednesday 29th when we meet the staff and other students for coffee... and as a St. Cuthbert's 'liver out', we kick off on Friday with a college lunch and collecting campus ID cards.

I'm glad I'll miss the weekend madness.

Hey Skuzzy, I'm also a liver out, and I know I had a letter detailing the welcome lunch on Friday - but I've lost the bloody letter and don't remember where it is, or at what time. I don't suppose you could tell me the time and location, by any chance? Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 66
Psychology at Cuths :smile: On the bailey house 13 :smile: the mosst excited just want this week to hurry on up!!!

Barbs123

have you bought any books yet or anything? I think ill wait til we get up tbh and see how much waterstones are, or see if 2nd hand ones are available :smile:

Alloram
No books yet - I've priced some up, but I'm waiting til I have a proper reading list (and some money)

when you do get your reading lists and stuff you could try www.acadreamia.co.uk. It's like a rental service so you only pay about 20% of the cost price and they deliver it and arrange to have it picked up when you've finished with it and everything :smile: Also, with the code DURHAM1 you get an extra 10% off :smile: Could be well needed considering the large deficiency of student loans as regards to covering accomodation D: haha Alsoo if they don't have the book you need if you let them know they will source it and get it to you within 3-5 days :smile:
theres a facebook group here tooo :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=156118527738235&ref=ts
Has anyone paid for accommodation yet? My finances have all gone smoothly (as far as I'm aware) but I can't remember paying for accommodation. When is that done?
Reply 68
Trinket
Hey Skuzzy, I'm also a liver out, and I know I had a letter detailing the welcome lunch on Friday - but I've lost the bloody letter and don't remember where it is, or at what time. I don't suppose you could tell me the time and location, by any chance? Thanks! :biggrin:

PM'd info :smile:
Reply 69
MarcusTheEskimo
Has anyone paid for accommodation yet? My finances have all gone smoothly (as far as I'm aware) but I can't remember paying for accommodation. When is that done?

Mine's by DD in December, I believe

I hope so, at least - I've set up a DD to them...
Reply 70
Skuzzy
PM'd info :smile:

Thanks a lot guy, much appreciated. Also, is it true we're supposed to pick up our cards on that day?

You never know, we may speak to each other inadvertently on Friday :p:
Reply 71
chazminx
Hi :h: I'm at Butler, doing Law. I'm really excited but also slightly apprehensive about the flatmates. I think its great not knowing who i'll be sharing with cos everyone would be on EXACTLY the same footing. even international students. i hope my flat sharing buddies will be up for a mini spped meeting everyone session first night lol.

I'm at John Snow and i've managed to meet 3 of my flatmates on facebook and nearly everyone else in the flats in my block. I thought all the colleges did this.
Reply 72
I emailed the bursar at Cuths asking about what house im in and he refused to tell me :confused:
Also does anyone know the arrangements for parking or unloading when moving in on the Sunday? I imagine the whole of the Bailey is going to be packed pretty much all day, is there some sort of plan or is it just turn up?
Reply 73
Trinket
... Also, is it true we're supposed to pick up our cards on that day?

Yes, from the college office, 2:30pm- 5pm
Reply 74
Skuzzy
Yes, from the college office, 2:30pm- 5pm

Wicked. Thanks again.
Can anyone recommend which fresher's events I should sign up for? Considering I prolly wont get tickets to many of them now?
Reply 76
Katy44
I'm at John Snow and i've managed to meet 3 of my flatmates on facebook and nearly everyone else in the flats in my block. I thought all the colleges did this.

Nope, we have no idea who we're sharing with until we get there :biggrin:

Latest