The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Glasgow is very good, rather prestigious, i'm not sure about Edinburgh :]
Reply 2
Do you go there? :P
If so, what do you study, and what's it like? :smile:
Reply 3
I don't go to either but am applying to both. Glasgow has an incredibly good reputation, particularly for their MA course, apparently. If you apply you'll have to apply to one of their three Fine Art courses (painting, photography or sculpture) rather than a more general course like most others where you narrow your field down as you go. Edinburgh I am also applying for but kind of only to fill the 5 slots. I have heard good things about it but bear in mind that the only option appears to be a 5 year long course where you end up with a masters. Looking at course content it also seems to contain a good deal more history of art than other courses, on a wider scope than other shorter courses where you only really seem to look at contemporary/20th century stuff. Depends on what you want, really.
Reply 4
Ah thanks :smile: Its more the design route I'm going down. Visual Communication at GSA.
I'm applying to DJCAD and Grays too as backups. Open days soon.. hopefully they'll help me make up my mind a bit :smile:

Latest