The Student Room Group

Further Maths AS

Right, i want to retake AS Maths and take up new AS Further Maths. I am currently at university, i haven't done maths in 3 years, i have done a bit of maths in university (c1,c2,c4) and some m1, nothing over the top.

I have from now till January to revise for both as. Do you think its possible in this short amount of time to get maybe A for maths and C-B for further maths (never done it before)?. I imagine i will do 3-4 hours revision each day ..
Reply 1
Why do you want to do FM at University?

What are you studying at University?

What about your University course?

How will it benefit you?

What is your Mathematical background i.e. GCSE, other relevant qualifications, etc?

:smile:
Reply 2
-beads-
Why do you want to do FM at University?

Fm?

What are you studying at University?
Computer Games Development

What about your University course?
What about my university course? Maths applied in programming, c++, c# , java , assembler etc.

How will it benefit you?
Higher chances of getting a job if i have these on my cv.

What is your Mathematical background i.e. GCSE, other relevant qualifications, etc?
A in maths GCSE.
:smile:

I'm not a complete novice at maths, i pretty much know a2 maths i just need to revise (i picked up a book and flicked though it and most of the stuff was coming back), i just need to know how hard the leap is from maths to further maths, and if given my time its possible to attain a good grade
Reply 3
If you've already done A level Maths, then AS Further Maths is much easier. It all depends on the modules you take for AS F Maths, really. If you want easy modules, see if you can take the equivilants of Decision 1, Further Pure 1(Core module), and Statistics 1.
FM means Further Maths :smile:
Yeah it really does depend on the modules you pick. Since you're doing AS Maths and AS FM (each AS consists of 3 modules), you only need 6 modules. I suggest C1, C2, C4/M1 (depending on if you like M1) then D1, S1, C4 or M1/M2 (depending on what you picked last time.) If you like M1, M2 probably won't be that bad. D1 and S1 will probably be easy for you (though you might die from being bored).

I don't really get from your first post what your AS modules were xD But yes it's possible to get an A at Maths if it's a retake, and C-B in AS FM if you keep working at it and pick the right modules.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending