The Student Room Group

I dont really know what to do?

I have two main predicaments.

1) Although I was close to 3 As for A2, i did badly in AS so that leaves me with altogether grades of BBC. I have no idea where to apply. I am definitely set on Sussex (Psychology: AAB) and Lancaster (Politics, History and Philosophy: ABB) but I dont know where else to put down. When I was searching last year, there seemed loads of Unis that were asking for BBC and BBB. Now there seems to be a massive gap between ABB requirements and CCC. I always thought that I would get in to a good Uni and that this would help me to become a journalis or writer. I have not shown myself to be academically efficient as school has unmotivated me. Now I dont really see any point. I dont want to waste 40 grand and spend 3 years in a miserable town for nothing?

2) I dont know what subject to study. Last year I seemed so certain that I wanted to study Psychology. I have no intention to go into psychiatry or counselling, but I am just so interested in the way the human brain works and the social aspects of it. However, within the last year, I have picked up quite the interest in politics. Whatever happens, I would like to do something political orientated for a higher degree. I just am not sure whether I should take Psychology and have politics as a side hobby until post graduate, or whether I should abandon Psychology and my curiosity of the way we function altogether and just dedicate my life to politics?

I suppose all I am asking is for some advice based on expirience or knowledge. Any useful suggestions are welcome.

Edit: I am retaking modules.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
bump?
Why don't you redo some modules to improve your A-Level grades? I'm sure your old 6th form/college will let you use them as a centre. Plus you won't have to go to there for classes since you're done so that means more time to study on your own and enjoy life more instead of being demotivated by school. But as for what subject I dunno, I would personally go with Psychology (assuming the grades were improved) but I dunno what you really want that's gotta be a choice you make on your own after reading up on both courses, prospects outside of the degree and what you generally prefer.
Reply 3
SirRamAlot
Why don't you redo some modules to improve your A-Level grades? I'm sure your old 6th form/college will let you use them as a centre. Plus you won't have to go to there for classes since you're done so that means more time to study on your own and enjoy life more instead of being demotivated by school. But as for what subject I dunno, I would personally go with Psychology (assuming the grades were improved) but I dunno what you really want that's gotta be a choice you make on your own after reading up on both courses, prospects outside of the degree and what you generally prefer.

Hi, thanks for replying. I should have mentioned that I am retaking modules. I was able to dupe my school into retaking history (my teachers there were brilliant) where as I had to retake one module for law at a private college in Hendon.

I think you are right about Psychology. Thanks once again, I think all I needed was some reassurance.
adam_zed
Hi, thanks for replying. I should have mentioned that I am retaking modules. I was able to dupe my school into retaking history (my teachers there were brilliant) where as I had to retake one module for law at a private college in Hendon.

I think you are right about Psychology. Thanks once again, I think all I needed was some reassurance.

No probs, good luck with whatever you do.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending