The Student Room Group

Nursing application deadline

I don't normally venture into the nursing forums, but my kid brother is applying this year for mental health nursing.

Looking at the thread of last year's applicants, it seems everyone applied quite early - Oct, Nov... I know the deadline is 15th Jan, but if he waits til then to apply is it likely that most of the places will be gone already?

How does it work for applying for the mid-year entry points (Jan, March)? Is it still through UCAS? When are the deadlines for those?

Thanks for any help :smile:
the deadline is for any other course, obviously with different start times the deadline often tends to be 3 months before the start of the course and it is flexible depending on space. Although retrospectively that was the case, this year they've been having waiting lists, so it may change.

Rather interesting to see you in here i must say, considering how much you say you hate nurses. Although I wish your brother the best of luck, and hope he has the right work experience/grades.
earlier the better, as long as his application is good, grades decent... and his personal statement and work experience is all up to scratch. But it will be an interview, not a place he is applying for, remember that has a massive impact on an application.

Wish him luck, for applying and the course :smile:
Reply 3
Subcutaneous
the deadline is for any other course, obviously with different start times the deadline often tends to be 3 months before the start of the course and it is flexible depending on space. Although retrospectively that was the case, this year they've been having waiting lists, so it may change.

Rather interesting to see you in here i must say, considering how much you say you hate nurses. Although I wish your brother the best of luck, and hope he has the right work experience/grades.

Just because I'm a medic, please don't stereotype me as a nurse-hater :confused:

Thank you both for your advice.

Latest