The Student Room Group

Where to Study Computer Animation...?

Hello everyone!

I'm spanish and i'm planning to study in the UK,thats why im starting this thread because im a bit lost with which universities i should choose and apply for.

At the moment i applied at Bournemouth for Computer Animation Arts, at Teeside for Computer Animation and Computer Games Art ( this last one as a backup, i'd rather get into Computer Animation ). So i still have 2 choices and i'm completely lost.

I've heard Herts is rather good and looked it up and found a course which i supose is the equivalent with the other unis which is "3D Digital Animation". If anyone knows more i'd apreciate it :smile:

So then i have one choice left and i don't know which unis are the best etc.

Also if anyone has had any experience in those unis and could describe them, how the place is etc because living here will make it a bit complicated to visit the unis ( but if it has to be done it will )

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi there

Hertfordshire is indeed rather good :biggrin: However I'm somewhat biased in this respect, you might get more balanced opinions if you have a read through this (rather epic) thread about studying computer animation in the UK

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=301364

3D Digital Animation is an excellent generalist course with a strong slant towards character animation - so all aspects of 3D are taught, from traditional concept drawing to digital post production.

I would recommend visiting the universities before you decide to go to them - remember you may spend a lot of your life and a lot of money doing this - it's best to make sure you know this is the right option for you.
I'm from hertfordshire, the uni in general isn't the best and the town and area it is in aren't amazing either, however it is known to have one of the best animation courses. I'm currently going an evening course there, and the tutors for the course seem nice and the facilities are good, so I think it depends on whether you want to go to university purely for education, or if you want a good nightlife etc. as well.

Latest