The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not sure, it would probably be best to mention it just incase. It's only going to take a line or 2
Reply 2
Is there a way of actually viewing your own reference without the teachers consent?
Reply 3
you don't need the teachers consent- by law they have to show it to you if you ask. But you might not be their favourite person if you insist on seeing it, and also what good will it do because you can't make them change it.
Reply 4
I'd rather not mention, if possible.
I'm predicted AAA in my alevels and i think I would be worse off if I mentioned a predicted b in AS, than not mentioning it at all.

But if the prediction is required to meet the minimum entry requirement of AABb, then I have no choice.
Reply 5
There is a way of seeing it but thats after its been submitted
Reply 6
You can ask UCAS for a copy of your whole form inc reference but you have to pay £10
Reply 7
see the sticky at the top of this forum by PQ for info on seeing your reference
Reply 8
Where exactly? I found the forum but nothing specific to the question at hand.
Reply 9
hannahbanna
you don't need the teachers consent- by law they have to show it to you if you ask. But you might not be their favourite person if you insist on seeing it, and also what good will it do because you can't make them change it.

I've asked my referee to see it but she goes to me that I need written consent from each of my subject teachers. :eek: Apparently because last time subject tutors got angry when they found out that what they've written has been shown around. Load of codswallop I tell ya.

I know that my reference dosen't contain any adverse comments but I'm just driven by curiosity as to what my reference exactly entails.
Reply 11
Is there a way of retrieving your reference without paying?

Latest

Trending

Trending