The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
here comes mine!

Maths + Further Maths - core and stats going well... mechanics omg! i suck
Economics - it's ok atm not as exciting as i had hoped it be but definitely agree with the whole 'applying it to real life' thing - i go into a shop and think ahh price elasticity! oh and also enjoy actually understanding what they go on about in the news! :biggrin:
Geography - human = good, physical = boring! but hey, my the exam board for this A level is pretty much my gcse syllabus whereas everyone else in my class who went to the school before (i'm new to the sixth form) studied stuff like GLACIERS!? haha never went near those ;D btw i wondering what A2 geog is like, i'm thinking of keeping it! thanks :smile:

subject i wish i had taken: a science! maybe chemistry; i miss it and have been finding helping out others who are studying it!
subject i wish i could have taken: english literature. why oh why did i never read as a child?

thank you for showing interest in our lives. and same - procrastination is on a sky highhh
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
maths = :smile: its going quite well actually
biology = :biggrin: loving every minute so far
chemistry = :o: i'm enjoying it but finding it difficult
psychology = :yep: love love love

and generally really enjoying sixth form, so much more than secondary school. this is where im meant to be :yep:
Reply 62
Horatio-
Asdan. I don't know what it is. But I was forced to do it and I hope it comes in handy too.

Asdan career planning by any chance????
Reply 63
Biology- I would love it if it wasn't filled with disgusting HSW BS, plus I don't like the teacher
Chemistry- love it, but don't like one of the teachers, he makes snails look like aeroplanes
Physics- love it, don't really like the teacher though, he has some weird way of teaching it, so its a good thing I actually like the subject, which explains why I got an A in the subject last year
Maths- love it and the teacher is great
Reply 64
Horatio-
I really enjoy all my MAIN subjects.

English I find the easiest. Probably because I have a weird tendancy to enjoy writing essays.
Psychology I love it. Effort sometimes but worth it.
Biology. I find it really interesting and love learning it. However I find this the hardest, and exam questions can get a bit grrrr.
Critical Thinking. I'd rather not do it. I hope it comes in handy
Asdan. I don't know what it is. But I was forced to do it and I hope it comes in handy too.

Its nothing special its just some stupid award, just like CiDA qualification I have, I would much prefer to have the actual GCSE IT. When we were studying gcse business and communication systems at school, the students 'incapable' of getting good grades in BCS, were made to do ASDAN. Apparently its equivalent to an E at GCSE. I'd drop it if I were you and focus on your other subjects. Many unis don't accept critical thinking either.
Maths :cool:
Physics:ahee: Loooove it!
Chemistry:pinch: The teacher more than the subject.
Reply 66
English Lit - easy and interesting
Physics - challenging but captivating
Chemistry - I hate ionisation energy graphs. But other than that, fine.
Biology - it depends out of my two bio teachers which one I have - so, either completely boring or just mildly boring.
Critical Thinking - I can't believe this is a subject, but it gives me a nice break from my more demanding subjects. It's still such a pain sometimes when I want to go home... stupid sixth form policy forcing me to take a fifth subject.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 67
It's going alright.

English Lit - :smartass: Easily my favourite subject, it just comes so intuitively, and i amuse myself by doing this thing where i pick an outlandish viewpoint on something and then finding loads of evidence that i can twist into backing me up. One of the teachers is scarily funny, and the other is just lovely.
Maths - Nothing difficult so far, pretty confident about walking at least an A. D1 is boring as heck though. :woo:
Physics - It's fine, i know that if i do the work and a decent amount of revision i'll be fine. A little bit unsure simply because i'm struggling to stand out though. :wink:
French - So so easy, but my class is pretty awful.
Further Maths - Pretty confident on FP1, but picking it up 3 weeks late has left me a bit off-kilter with S1, need to go over standard deviation and shiz like that.:eek3:
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Latin

Only one that I'm starting to find difficult is Chemistry. I'm doing shapes of molecules and its oh so confusing :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
English Lit- Good, our teachers are ace too!
Biology- Im quite suprised that I understand quite a bit of it
Drama- I love it :biggrin:
Theology- umm I got an F on my ethics essay :/ apart from that the philosophy side of it is really intresting but confusing
Reply 70
laurie:)
Asdan career planning by any chance????

Don't think so. Haven't planned a damn thing yet.

kashim91
Its nothing special its just some stupid award, just like CiDA qualification I have, I would much prefer to have the actual GCSE IT. When we were studying gcse business and communication systems at school, the students 'incapable' of getting good grades in BCS, were made to do ASDAN. Apparently its equivalent to an E at GCSE. I'd drop it if I were you and focus on your other subjects. Many unis don't accept critical thinking either.

I wish, but my school won't allow me for some deranged reason.I was only meant to take either Critical Thinking OR Asdan but my teachers decided that I'd be able to do the two year course in one on top of Critical Thinking.

I don't mind Critical Thinking. It has helped. But Asdan is boring and overly simple. My teacher insists Universities take it but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere!
Reply 71
Horatio-
Don't think so. Haven't planned a damn thing yet.

I wish, but my school won't allow me for some deranged reason.I was only meant to take either Critical Thinking OR Asdan but my teachers decided that I'd be able to do the two year course in one on top of Critical Thinking.

I don't mind Critical Thinking. It has helped. But Asdan is boring and overly simple. My teacher insists Universities take it but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere!

Teachers chat the biggest crap ever, because my physics teacher didn't teach part of the whole syllabus, the whole year, excluding myself missed out on 6 marks, many of my teachers still don't know what an A* at a-level is one teacher said that you need to get 95% overall to get an A* at a-level.
Reply 72
kashim91
Teachers chat the biggest crap ever, because my physics teacher didn't teach part of the whole syllabus, the whole year, excluding myself missed out on 6 marks, many of my teachers still don't know what an A* at a-level is one teacher said that you need to get 95% overall to get an A* at a-level.

Yeah.

A lot of teachers have been kinda screwy in one way or another. Whether it's not teaching us something/ leaving out important information, or simply trying to give wrong information!

Only in my final year have teachers kind of clicked and seen the light. I'm doing soooo much better now. Actually hopeful I can get all As now. Just need to pressure my teachers into doing more exam revision for Biology. It's so tough for me :s-smilie:
travestial
Maths - satisfying and surprisingly easy (I struggled at GCSE thanks to a crap teacher)

limetang
Maths: Is pretty straight forward and I really like my class and teacher

unitard
Maths - Easy

Panda cares
Maths - Relatively easy so far

It gets harder at A2 :p:

laura94
Maths: I'm really glad I picked maths up again after a 2 year break. I was really worried after having done Additional Maths in year 10 and getting an E, after which I dropped maths altogether. But it's going well so far!
Does anyone know what my chances will be of getting an offer to study economics without having it as a full a-level? If I do some outside reading on the subject to express my interest...

Economics isnt required but it might suggest you lack commitment to the subject so... :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
maths
chemistry calculations! are hard to grasp.
biology
philosopy.
Reply 75
History - interesting but the exam seems daunting
Biology - lots of content to memorise
Chemistry - confusing at times, lots to learn as well
Maths - a lot of homework
Physics - alright, I don't get to go to all the physics classes but can just about keep up
A2 Biology = Love it but it's my weakest :frown:
A2 Psychology = Varies between good and boring :s-smilie:
A2 RS/Philos&Ethics = Adore it! :biggrin:
AS Chemistry = Couldn't get rid of it fast enough :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
humiara
maths
chemistry calculations! are hard to grasp.
biology
philosopy.

Philosophy is awesome. Makes your head hurt though :p:
Reply 78
Futher maths - found it soo hard and ended up dropping it after 2 weeks picked up maths which im now starting to actually like
Chemistry - LOVE ITTTTTT
Biology - Not too sure about my teacher otherwise its fine
Psychology - The lessons are super boring because of the crappy teacher but the subject is good
Well...

English Lit - easy-ish, but too many essays wanted out of me! I am not a machine.. :frown:
French - whaa? You mean I can't take a dictionary into the exam?!
Art - HOW MANY DRAWINGS? You mean you wanted them done OVER the summer?
Photograph - EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY.

Psychology retake (haven't started revising yet, I will!)

And that's itttttttttt.

Latest