The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A2 psychology is soooooooooo boring.
Reply 81
Horatio-
Yeah.

A lot of teachers have been kinda screwy in one way or another. Whether it's not teaching us something/ leaving out important information, or simply trying to give wrong information!

Only in my final year have teachers kind of clicked and seen the light. I'm doing soooo much better now. Actually hopeful I can get all As now. Just need to pressure my teachers into doing more exam revision for Biology. It's so tough for me :s-smilie:

What board are you doing for bio? I'm doing AQA and I find it disgusting:frown: HSW rubbish and data analysis is just so annoying, and I heard it featured in last years January Unit 4 fiasco, so much so that it caused a facebook uproar and it made BBC news headlines. What did you get in your AS levels, I got AAAB but I think I can get 4 As, maybe an A* or two if I'm lucky.
Reply 82
Maths - Fine so far, but then C1 does have a reputation for relative ease
English Lit. - Poetry is good, Wuthering Heights not so good. Thank God it's pretty easy
History - It differs from really interesting (reform of serfdom) to unbelievably boring (consumer revolution in 1960s). But it still takes precedence
Economics - Micro- boring, macro- fascinating. More work than expected
All in all, pretty good. But i'm concerned that procrastination is beginning in a big way already.
Reply 83
Music----FANTASTIC
French---Hard but,course is interesting!
Performing Arts---Excellent,not too hard,but very solid A* subject!
laura94
Does anyone know what my chances will be of getting an offer to study economics without having it as a full a-level? If I do some outside reading on the subject to express my interest...

You don't need economics. But, if you want to get into top economic courses, you will need further Maths (at least to AS).
Horatio-
Asdan. I don't know what it is. But I was forced to do it and I hope it comes in handy too.

We do this at our school school as an option for GCSE, it's basically a 'special' GCSE for people that can't scrap a D in languages, have fun! xxx:p:
Reply 86
Drama :hifro::woo:
Music :woohoo:
Psychology :timewarp: :yep:
General Studies :hand: :noway:
Citizenship :thumbsdown: :deal: got a B at AS an(i actually tried in january, got a D, gave up, then got an A in June :eek3: )... not gonna complain :smile:
English lit :hugs: :cry: I miss youuuuu
Reply 87
Horatio-
Don't think so. Haven't planned a damn thing yet.

ohhh cos i did Asdan career planning last year, and tbh, it was the most pointless and boring subject i have ever done :mad:
Reply 88
Loonylottie
We do this at our school school as an option for GCSE, it's basically a 'special' GCSE for people that can't scrap a D in languages, have fun! xxx:p:

i HAD to do it, on top of everything else, and i could do languages :frown:
the most pointless subject you could think of
I'm doing A2 Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. They're all relatively easy besides Chemistry - but I'm being forced to take that so I don't really care about it.
Reply 90
doing IB but
English- enjoyable
Music- love it
French (H)- its alright, a lot of rules to remember
Maths (H)- taken aback by the jump from gcse at first, but now enjoying it a lot
History- interesting, really good teacher so it isn't hard
Physics- teacher is a bit vague which is irritating, what we're doing is quite easy though
Reply 91
Theliongirl
??

What is it?
damos92
What is it?

What do you mean by a guaranteed 'A'? Is there something I'm missing or are you guaranteed a A because of your academic ability?
Reply 93
Theliongirl
What do you mean by a guaranteed 'A'? Is there something I'm missing or are you guaranteed a A because of your academic ability?

Oh no you're not missing anything, it's just because i find English to be really easy and i'm good at it that i said that.
Reply 94
Another thread making me wish that time travel was possible and that I could start A levels tomorrow! :frown:
Reply 95
Chemistry- Started off a bit like :eek3: but i'm understanding it better now and one of the teachers is amazing :smile:
History- The lessons are a little boring but i really like the subject and its a good group of people in the class so its okay :smile:
Maths- Although there have been some hiccups its okay and i'm generally understanding and enjoying it :smile:
Philosophy and Ethics- loving it. definitely best subject. Amazing teachers, amazing class, amazing subject, amazing lessons :cool: so glad it took it :woo:

Overall really enjoying sixth form :smile:
damos92
Oh no you're not missing anything, it's just because i find English to be really easy and i'm good at it that i said that.

Ahh I see, :smile: it's nice to believe in yourself like that. I always put myself at the lowest level. :frown:
Reply 97
psychology = :love:

math = :s-smilie: but im beginning to get the hang of it again. took the GCSE in november so hadnt done any maths in a year.

RS (buddhism & philosophy) = philosophy :yep: buddhism :indiff:

biology = :eek3: wayyyy too much chemistry in it for someone who didnt take chemistry at GCSE.
Reply 98
Andy Ftw
Well 3 A2's, yeah. I dropped AS Geography last year :smile:

I'm hoping to do Maths at uni, possibly UCL, Bristol, Southampton, Notts & Exeter :smile:

What about you?

I wanna work in the city earning decent amounts of money in the future and thinking of studying Maths and finance at University (kings?). Still not sure if I want to do Math, Actuarial science, Physics or economics at university yet though. Decisions decisions:woo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Mysterious Monstah
This year I'm doing A2 physics and A2 Chemistry, AS and A2 Further Maths. I did AS and A2 Maths in my first year and found it fairly easy.

Further Maths - I found FP1 very easy, FP2 is going well so far, M2 is quite easy but I hate S2.
Physics - It's been quite easy and enjoyable so far.
Chemistry - It's going fairly well at the moment, it's probably my weakest of the subjects I take.

How much harder is C3 and C4 from C1 and C2? I'm thinking about taking Further Math into A2 next year as well. I can't get my head around vectors in M1 yet :mad:

Latest