The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Jasminge
here comes mine!

Maths + Further Maths - core and stats going well... mechanics omg! i suck
Economics - it's ok atm not as exciting as i had hoped it be but definitely agree with the whole 'applying it to real life' thing - i go into a shop and think ahh price elasticity! oh and also enjoy actually understanding what they go on about in the news! :biggrin:
Geography - human = good, physical = boring! but hey, my the exam board for this A level is pretty much my gcse syllabus whereas everyone else in my class who went to the school before (i'm new to the sixth form) studied stuff like GLACIERS!? haha never went near those ;D btw i wondering what A2 geog is like, i'm thinking of keeping it! thanks :smile:

subject i wish i had taken: a science! maybe chemistry; i miss it and have been finding helping out others who are studying it!
subject i wish i could have taken: english literature. why oh why did i never read as a child?

thank you for showing interest in our lives. and same - procrastination is on a sky highhh

It's just nice to see how everyone is taking to A-Levels for both the GCSE to AS jump and the AS to A2 jump. I really need to find a way to eliminate procrastination from my life, if only it were clear!
DamonWilson
How much harder is C3 and C4 from C1 and C2? I'm thinking about taking Further Math into A2 next year as well. I can't get my head around vectors in M1 yet :mad:

A lot of C3 is based on trig and differentiation and the main topic in C4 is integration, so I guess how hard you'd find A2 depends on how good you are at those 3 main areas. There are also vectors in C4, but not much more difficult than the ones in M1, I'm sure you'll understand them soon enough :smile:
DamonWilson
I wanna work in the city earning decent amounts of money in the future and thinking of studying Maths and finance at University (kings?). Still not sure if I want to do Math, Actuarial science, Physics or economics at university yet though. Decisions decisions:woo:

Ahh, I Know what you mean :p: Good luck with whatever you decide! (Maths ftw :smile:).
Reply 103
Andy Ftw
Ahh, I Know what you mean :p: Good luck with whatever you decide! (Maths ftw :smile:).

You too man
I am in AS, doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and I am loving it. I enjoy all my subjects so much. The lessons are more interesting and in depth when compared to GCSE... so it's all good. :smile:
lukas1051
I'm doing AS at sixth form, so far, not too bad.

Chemistry - Fairly difficult, but I can cope. I've always been good at it.
Maths - Boring, repetitive, but I think I'll do ok. Probably won't do A2.
Physics - Pretty interesting. Not too difficult atm, but I've got a feeling it's gonna get much harder.
Geography - Probably my favourite subject. Pretty easy, interesting, looking forward to fieldwork and the like.

Overall, not too bad. They're mostly difficult subjects, but I think I'll do ok provided I do what everyone else does.

omg, i do exactly, EXACTLY, the same subjects as you.
Reply 106
Religious Studies A2 - Prity good not to hard , enjoy the lessons :p:
Geography A2 - my fav subject , great teachers and intresting course :biggrin:
Sociolgy A2 - prity boring and so much to learn but think ill do best in this :rolleyes:
Biology AS - self teach - trying my best aiming for a B :yep:

Have AS General Studies - ( C ) lol :woo:
Abused Tampon
omg, i do exactly, EXACTLY, the same subjects as you.

Haha, really? What are you planning to do afterwards just out of interest?
Reply 108
Psychology - i struggled when we were starting off, but now i'm used to it, and am not half bad at it either! i look forward to the lessons :smile:

RE - the ethics side to the course isn't bad, but isn't as enjoyable as the other side - we're studying Buddhism! it's really interesting! i really look forward to the Buddhism lessons, but don't mind ethics.

Music - i haven't had to put too much work into music so far. having done grade 5 theory a couple of years ago, everything's all making an appearance again, and i'm finding it quite easy atm :smile: i like that i'm understanding what's going on! haha :smile:

English Literature&Language - i'm torn. the language side of the course is just analysing speech atm, which i'm finding kind of dull, but the teacher's brilliant! i LOVE the actual literature side of what we're doing...but i can't stand my teacher :/ but still kind of love the course :smile: and english is something i'm not too awful at.
W.H.T
By 'politics', do you mean the subject government and politics?

Yes but we just shorten it to Politics lol
lukas1051
Haha, really? What are you planning to do afterwards just out of interest?

engineering, but only because my parents put it in my head from a young age. but now im having other thoughts, not sure exactly what though.

what about you?
laurie:)
i HAD to do it, on top of everything else, and i could do languages :frown:
the most pointless subject you could think of

Really?

Ugh! What is the point in creating these stupid subjects and forcing people to do them when it has no benefit whatsoever!
Reply 112
Horatio-
Really?

Ugh! What is the point in creating these stupid subjects and forcing people to do them when it has no benefit whatsoever!

i had only 2 choices at GCSE, i thought it was the norm but now i know the norm is like 3 or 4 :s-smilie:

just ergghhhhhhhh
i had only 2 choices at GCSE, i thought it was the norm but now i know the norm is like 3 or 4 :s-smilie:

just ergghhhhhhhh

I only had two too, because we had to do a language and I was sort of forced to do triple science as an option, so I only really had two xxx
English Literature: :s-smilie:
Biology: :cool:
Religious Studies: :confused:
ICT: :eek:

Seem's like I'm not enjoying anything, unfortunatley. :eek3:
A2 Biology is killing me at the moment.
Reply 116
Loonylottie
I only had two too, because we had to do a language and I was sort of forced to do triple science as an option, so I only really had two xxx

ohhh yeah triple science was an option, and then i had to do a language, DT, ECDL ICT and career planning
ohhh yeah triple science was an option, and then i had to do a language, DT, ECDL ICT and career planning

career planning that sounds fun! :o:
Reply 118
Loonylottie
career planning that sounds fun! :o:

bit of a waste of time tbh. all we did was make lists like 'when im 30 i want to be married, when im 35 i want to have kids, when i retire i want to...blah blah blahhhhh'

i mean, i research careers, but this was taking it to the extreme :smile:
Reply 119
Enjoying A2 a lot more than AS at the minute (good riddance physics)

:mmm: French
:h: English Lit
:stomp: ICT

Latest