The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Yes, just walking around the town, you can see that there are a lot more females compared to males.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Still loads of girls compared to guys
Do you find it difficult to get along with females?
Reply 4
I'd say its about equal, but boys are more likely to do science subjects while the girls do artier ones. I don't know about English but in History I'd say there are maybe a few more girls than boys, but not enough for it to make a big difference. It'll be about equal in halls anyway so I wouldn't worry.

As for more girls walking around town, I'd say that's more to do with us liking shopping more :P:
Reply 5
The uni seems to be equally dominated, i was told that there were more females but i havent found that (at least not yet....)
Reply 6
In English, yes, but not generally. It also depends on the modules taken; in the module 'English Place Names' there are 20 people only two of them are male, but in 'The Literature of the Anglo-Saxons' and 'Outlaws, Ghosts and Heroes: Iceland and its Medieval Literature' there is an equal mix. Generally in the more masculine subjects (i.e Anglo-Saxon, Old Icelandic, Medieval Literature) there will be a lot of guys interested, but if you want to study Romanticism or Jane Austen there will be few if any males.
Reply 7
Suis Je Bovvered ?
Do you find it difficult to get along with females?

Nah, I get on well with girls, much better than guys in fact- most of my friends are female at the moment, so I was keen to be good friends with both when I went to uni, (not that you can exactly plan who you meet, but it was just a thought :smile: )
Reply 8
Oh I hope not :sad:
Well you may need your wellies...

Latest

Trending

Trending