The Student Room Group

Swapping Universities

Hi all,
Im in my first year at the University of Manchester doing Law. I thought it was going to be a fantastic, academic university which would push my knowledge to the brim. Ends up after a month, its pretty rubbish.
The course isn't as good as I expected but I'm not enjoying Manchester as a whole.
Anyway the point is, im thinking of moving to Lancaster Uni. i've emailed them asking if I can do my 2nd year with them, however does anybody think it'll be possible to move there now and just pay for the accomodation i've used for the time being?
I never realised I could be so home sick!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
To be honest, it's so early on in the year, so you do have a fair chance of being able to transfer. You need to move very, very fast though, and ring them up today, also talk to your uni and see where you stand. They don't *have* to refund any accommodation payments you've made- you signed a contract taking it for the whole year, however if they have somebody else to go into your room, then they might give you your money back.
Reply 2
jenguin1992
Hi all,
Im in my first year at the University of Manchester doing Law. I thought it was going to be a fantastic, academic university which would push my knowledge to the brim. Ends up after a month, its pretty rubbish.
The course isn't as good as I expected but I'm not enjoying Manchester as a whole.
Anyway the point is, im thinking of moving to Lancaster Uni. i've emailed them asking if I can do my 2nd year with them, however does anybody think it'll be possible to move there now and just pay for the accomodation i've used for the time being?

What don't you like about it?!
I'm at Uni of Manchester and studying law too!! xx
Reply 3
jenguin1992
Hi all,

I don't think universities allow mid year transfers like this, they will most likely be full. Also you may have to start from the 1st year again at Lancaster, depending on how compatible your modules are with theirs. And your liable to pay the full fee for the accomodation for the year unless you find someone to move into your room.

Latest

Trending

Trending