The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by x-Leo-x
I'm visiting Wednesday for Law :biggrin: looking forward haven't seen the Uni yet and couldn't go to the last visit day 'cause of the snow :s-smilie:
I'm guessing you've applied for Single honors Law too? Is Cardiff your fist choice then?

Yes to the first question, and I have no idea to the second, I've never been :biggrin:

Is it yours?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by Potiron
Yes to the first question, and I have no idea to the second, I've never been :biggrin:

Is it yours?

Same, no idea yet have to see the place first :biggrin: Have you had any info. from Cardiff about Wednesday? Cause I haven't... :s-smilie: not even an e-mail in months :frown:
Reply 382
Original post by x-Leo-x
Same, no idea yet have to see the place first :biggrin: Have you had any info. from Cardiff about Wednesday? Cause I haven't... :s-smilie: not even an e-mail in months :frown:

Not a huge amount.

I have this programme of information and I got sent these directions, if that's any help to you.

Basically it all kicks off in room 0.22 of the Law school. I haven't heard from them since they asked me to an open day and then updated track.
Reply 383
Original post by Potiron
Not a huge amount.

I have this programme of information and I got sent these directions, if that's any help to you.

Basically it all kicks off in room 0.22 of the Law school. I haven't heard from them since they asked me to an open day and then updated track.

Great thanks for the info!
Reply 384
Original post by Tha_Gossman
I firmed my offer for philosophy like a month ago.

anyone else?

x

I firmed Philosophy and Economics yesterday! :smile:
Just got an offer! Better late than never I guess! Anyone know when the V100 History open day is?
Original post by Scribblet
I want to reply quickly but at the same time I find myself going 'I should probably think sensibly and not jump into any conclusions etc.' I think that I've pretty much made up my mind though.

The sooner you return the form, the more likely Cardiff residences will offer you your top choice/s, so my advice would be to get a quick reply in - especially if you've virtually made your up. In any case, all the accommodation looks to be of a good standard so it's pretty good news either way. :smile:
Original post by Melting moments
The sooner you return the form, the more likely Cardiff residences will offer you your top choice/s, so my advice would be to get a quick reply in - especially if you've virtually made your up. In any case, all the accommodation looks to be of a good standard so it's pretty good news either way. :smile:

I sent it a few days ago now, I was working on your theory of first come first serve - I didn't want to end up at one of the ones that was miles away from the campus!
Finally got my login details the day before the applicants day.

Original post by LFChrispy
Just got an offer! Better late than never I guess! Anyone know when the V100 History open day is?

It's tomorrow. Wednesday 16th March! Congrats!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mighty Moe
Finally got my login details the day before the applicants day.

It's tomorrow. Wednesday 16th March! Congrats!

Ah.
That's what I thought from the website, but it seems silly to me giving offers the night before the last open day, and on the same day as another top history uni (Southampton). Absolute joke :angry:
Ah.
That's what I thought from the website, but it seems silly to me giving offers the night before the last open day, and on the same day as another top history uni (Southampton). Absolute joke :angry:

It does seem silly, but getting the offer the day before the open day is better than not getting one at all.
Finally firmed Cardiff for Law and Cardiff Law/Politics as Insurance. Really can't wait to start now hehe.
Reply 392
Going to firm UWIC for Sport Development. Cannot wait for the course, life and uni exp.
Cardiff is gonna be siick, the city has got loads to offer.
Reply 393
Ah.

Are there not any others? :s-smilie:

I know that for Law we've got one tomorrow but that there's also another one in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on your offer regardless.
I've got an offer to study Physiotherapy :biggrin:

I think I will firm Cardiff - I have a really good feeling about the place. I'll go down again first though :smile:

Well done and good luck everyone!
Original post by PhysioKate
I've got an offer to study Physiotherapy :biggrin:

I think I will firm Cardiff - I have a really good feeling about the place. I'll go down again first though :smile:

Well done and good luck everyone!

Congrats!
Original post by Potiron

See the MJ tshirt?
Original post by Potiron
Are there not any others? :s-smilie:

I know that for Law we've got one tomorrow but that there's also another one in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on your offer regardless.

Thanks, I've been checking on the website, and I emailed them a couple of days ago but no reply - I'll phone them tomorrow
Thanks, I've been checking on the website, and I emailed them a couple of days ago but no reply - I'll phone them tomorrow

If there is another, it's definitely worth going and having a look. I went today and thought the place was brilliant.
Reply 399
Original post by natashapt
See the MJ tshirt?

Nope :frown: but I was looking. See the boy in the t shirt with an owl on it with a black shirt over the top?

More importantly, what did you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending