The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheebs1201
Oh brill well done! What were they? What subject are you gonna be studying?

37 points at IB with 6 (=A) in Bio HL, Chem HL, Geog HL, Italian Ab Inition, English SL, 5 (=B) in Maths SL and B in my extended essay and theory of knowledge essay. I'm going to do optometry. I'm so happy, I didn't think I was going to get a good grade in chemistry AT ALL.
What are you hoping to study?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Scribblet
37 points at IB with 6 (=A) in Bio HL, Chem HL, Geog HL, Italian Ab Inition, English SL, 5 (=B) in Maths SL and B in my extended essay and theory of knowledge essay. I'm going to do optometry. I'm so happy, I didn't think I was going to get a good grade in chemistry AT ALL.
What are you hoping to study?

Wow that's amazing! Psychology- Cardiff is my insurance though :smile:
I'm applying for the MSc in Science, Media and Communication, kind of nervous as I've applied late and am still waiting for my referees to send their references in.

But *fingers crossed* it should all be fine.
Reply 583
Original post by Ocassus
Was actually in Cardiff today, wandering around.

I really really like the garden in the middle, and the student union is pretty sweet to.

However, it felt a bit 'clinical' and 'cold' for me, I suppose grey buildings against a grey sky didn't help either. :frown:

I really want to like it though because the law building is just outside the Welsh Assembly. :sad:

It's true for just about everywhere that it looks nicer on a sunny day. I find it quite a nice place to wander when its sunny, always busy but never too crowded.
Reply 584
Heyy

i'm a gappy student & got my accommodation offer through yesterday :biggrin:!, the emails from cardiff always seem to go to my spam box though so watch out!

anyone else on here for Pharmacy?
Anyone else here applied for Law?
Original post by Kat_Heine
Heyy

i'm a gappy student & got my accommodation offer through yesterday :biggrin:!, the emails from cardiff always seem to go to my spam box though so watch out!

Pharmacy here :smile:
Haven't had my accommodation offer yet though D:
Reply 587
Original post by RobJ93
Pharmacy here :smile:
Haven't had my accommodation offer yet though D:

Yay hey! :smile:

are you a gappy or just finished A levels?
Yay hey! :smile:

are you a gappy or just finished A levels?

Just finished :smile:
How was your gap year? :biggrin:
Reply 589
Heyy

Already?! Thought they said late July would be the earliest.. (I'm on a gap year too but haven't had anything yet :frown: )

Which halls are you off to then? :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by RobJ93
Just finished :smile:
How was your gap year? :biggrin:

Well .. still on it, i'm working for AstraZeneca and my contract doesn't end til august! can't wait to have a proper lie-in!!! how did your exams go?
Reply 591
Original post by ScrubZ
Already?! Thought they said late July would be the earliest.. (I'm on a gap year too but haven't had anything yet :frown: )

Which halls are you off to then? :smile:

yeah i thought they did too so was pleasantly surprised last night! when did your offer get made unconditional?
i'm in a house on colum road :smile:

What course are you gonna study?
Well .. still on it, i'm working for AstraZeneca and my contract doesn't end til august! can't wait to have a proper lie-in!!! how did your exams go?

The lie-in will make all the work worth it! My exams went rather well thankyou :smile:
Reply 593
yeah i thought they did too so was pleasantly surprised last night! when did your offer get made unconditional?
i'm in a house on colum road :smile:

What course are you gonna study?

My offer didn't come through till mid April so that's most likely why I'll have to wait a bit longer. I'm guessing you got yours a fair bit earlier? I'll be studying medicine.

Congrats on Colum road! Was it your 1st choice? Really liked that accommodation actually, think it's my third choice.
Reply 594
Original post by ScrubZ
My offer didn't come through till mid April so that's most likely why I'll have to wait a bit longer. I'm guessing you got yours a fair bit earlier? I'll be studying medicine.

Congrats on Colum road! Was it your 1st choice? Really liked that accommodation actually, think it's my third choice.

ah very nice, have you been piling up the experience this year or making the most of a stress free opportunity? :tongue:

yeah it was, i like going out but i also like my sleep! & i row so that = early get ups!! & the 'roll out of bed and into uni' factor was too good to miss!

where was ur first choice?
Reply 595
Original post by RobJ93
The lie-in will make all the work worth it! My exams went rather well thankyou :smile:

definately!! haha

yay good glad to hear it! have you got much planned for you're super extended summer then?
definately!! haha

yay good glad to hear it! have you got much planned for you're super extended summer then?

Not much in particular, trying to learn to play the guitar which looks like it will take me all summer to not sound like an idiot :L. Got much planned for your short summer? :P
Original post by Juncture
I'm applying for the MSc in Science, Media and Communication, kind of nervous as I've applied late and am still waiting for my referees to send their references in.

But *fingers crossed* it should all be fine.

So found out both my referees have agreed to send in references, one I think already has and the other should do soon.

I hate waiting to hear! Especially as I have no idea if they even have any spaces left on the course. But hopefully should hear in the next couple of weeks.
Reply 598
Firmed Journalism, Media and Cultural studies back in February... :biggrin:
May I just ask...what date should we get there for? and what is Welcome Week?

As I know freshers begins officially on the 25th/26th, but on the Cardiff student union homepage it says 'Welcome Week' runs from the 19th - 25th, and then comes freshers?? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending