The Student Room Group

Need Help : Should I go to University?

Over the last few years, although I've taken an interest in school, my enthusiasm for it just seems to have disappeared. Its gotten so bad that I now find all of my subjects bore me.

I am an AAB/ABB student and know that I can get into a decent Uni but I really don't feel the enthusiasm to carry on in education.

So I guess what I'm asking is: Should I pick a subject that bores me, Study it all to get a good job with good money?

(edited 13 years ago)
No, because you'll hate every minute of it and uni is more about self motivation. You won't do very well. Try and find something that interests you. If that fails, go straight to a job that interests you.
eLECTROLOSIS
Over the last few years, although I've taken an interest in school, my enthusiasm for it just seems to have disappeared. Its gotten so bad that I now find all of my subjects bore me.

I am an AAB/ABB student and know that I can get into a decent Uni but I really don't feel the enthusiasm to carry on in education.

So I guess what I'm asking is: Should I pick a subject that bores me, Study it all to get a good job with good money?

If you can't think of a subject that you will enjoy or at least be interested in then the answer is no. However, you need to think about whether you would want to go to uni in the future as tuition fees are set to rise. I would have advised a gap year, but doing so could mean fees doubling. You need to think long and hard. Uni is a big commitment and investment but it can open many doors. That said you don't need a degree to do well in life or get a well paid job. The choice is yours.
Reply 3
No, don't rush into a degree that you'll hate. At the very least, take a gap year, try find something that you're truly passionate about. That's what I did- worked for me =)
Reply 4
Thanks for the answers :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending