The Student Room Group

How long does UCAS take to update application status for rejection?

Got my grades today and I won't be able to go to the firm and insurance choice due to low grades. However UCAS still says waiting for confirmation on the firm choice and I need them to say that I don't have the grades and can't go so I can get the clearance number and begin that process. How long do they take to do this??
I would phone the university.
Reply 2
But I read that you need to provide a clearance number to the university when you phone them for clearing
Original post by Solaris_21
But I read that you need to provide a clearance number to the university when you phone them for clearing

Hey @Solaris_21

It might be worth phoning the university that was originally your firm choice to see if they can update you on your application status so you can go ahead with clearing.

Best of luck with everything! :smile:

Natalie
- University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)

You need to be in clearing to have that number. You may need to phone the university to release you into clearing. If you failed to meet the grades, then you should of been rejected. The university may be still considering and it may be best to call them.
Got my grades today and I won't be able to go to the firm and insurance choice due to low grades. However UCAS still says waiting for confirmation on the firm choice and I need them to say that I don't have the grades and can't go so I can get the clearance number and begin that process. How long do they take to do this??

Hi @Solaris_21

I would ring your firm choice and ask them :smile:

Sera
As everyone else said, ring the university your offer is with and check the status. If you don't think you are going to get in I would do this as soon as you can so you can look at applying through clearing before the spaces are filled.
Reply 7
Original post by CCCUOfficial
As everyone else said, ring the university your offer is with and check the status. If you don't think you are going to get in I would do this as soon as you can so you can look at applying through clearing before the spaces are filled.

Alright, well there's no chance of me getting in since they asked for an A* and I got a B. So I just call them... and what do I say?
Reply 8

PHONE THE UNI - and keep phoning them until they enter a decision!
Alright, well there's no chance of me getting in since they asked for an A* and I got a B. So I just call them... and what do I say?

Say what you said here - they'll know what information they need and what you need to know. They'll also be kind - don't worry about making the call or anything, but do do it so you can get on with the rest of the process!

Just ask them the status and explain the situation that your UCAS has not updated. They should have their admissions team available to confirm the status of your offer. Either way, at the end of the call you should know if you have a place or if you are able to explore your clearing options. The teams on the phone are usually super helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending