The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone could tell if and how Asda let you know if your application has not been successful.

Thanks
Reply 1181
Original post by Inspired987
Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone could tell if and how Asda let you know if your application has not been successful.

Thanks

Usually by email, either after the initial online assessment or after the Asda Magic assessment. If you are successful, they'll call you.
Hi, got offered the Xmas temp job this week, with my induction all day tomorrow. They've taken my uniform sizes but what do I need to wear tomorrow - casual or smart?
Hey, I have been invited for a group interview next week. It is for night shifts over the Xmas period and they asked if I was willing to work Xmas eve/day and I said yes which presumably should be a good start as I can't imagine there will be too many applications? I have a few questions (as well as the one contained herein):

1) With regard to clothing: I don't actually own anything smart. The closest I have is black jeans and a black hoody with dark converse. Serious. Will this be an auto hell-no, so to speak?
2) What is the pay for night shifts/Xmas time as if I do get the job money really is key as I currently don't have any?
3) Will I have to go on some random 4 day training course?
4) I'm a larger gentleman, I wonder if Asda will even have my size clothing :holmes:
Reply 1184
help needed! i have just started working on the tills in asda and am stuck on a few things, any answers would be really appreciated
1. how do check how much a customer has on a gift card
2. how do i add money to a gift card
3. how do take money off a gift card
thanks in advance
hey everyone, so i start in about a week and have a question.

I'll be starting on the 12th, and I know you get paid every fourth friday of each month, im just wondering whether they'll be pay half a months worth on the fourth friday this month, or a month and a halfs worth December fourth friday?

Thanks
Hey, I have been invited for a group interview next week. It is for night shifts over the Xmas period and they asked if I was willing to work Xmas eve/day and I said yes which presumably should be a good start as I can't imagine there will be too many applications? I have a few questions (as well as the one contained herein):

1) With regard to clothing: I don't actually own anything smart. The closest I have is black jeans and a black hoody with dark converse. Serious. Will this be an auto hell-no, so to speak?
2) What is the pay for night shifts/Xmas time as if I do get the job money really is key as I currently don't have any?
4) I'm a larger gentleman, I wonder if Asda will even have my size clothing :holmes:
I've been called in for a second 1-1 interview tomorrow...how likely is it that they offer jobs at this point? Anyone know what I should expect?
Reply 1188
OK so I've been invited back for a 2nd interview and they're putting me on checkouts for the "Have A Go" session. I am terrified. I hate tills at the best of times but this is a gigantic superstore and all I can see in my mind is an endless queue of people getting more and more impatient with my slow/panicky processing. Help! Any tips?!?!
Reply 1189
Original post by paddy__power

Really wouldn't worry about this - I was nervous because I'm big up top and I thought they wouldn't have shirts big enough to button, but on the group assessment day I saw the manager and she was 3 x my size and wearing an Asda shirt so...
Original post by AmyJ
Really wouldn't worry about this - I was nervous because I'm big up top and I thought they wouldn't have shirts big enough to button, but on the group assessment day I saw the manager and she was 3 x my size and wearing an Asda shirt so...

I see, thanks for the reply :smile:

No idea on any of the other questions, perchance?
Reply 1191
I see, thanks for the reply :smile:

No idea on any of the other questions, perchance?

Well I only had my Magic assessment yesterday lol and I haven't been to the 2nd interview yet :tongue:. I'd say be as smart as you can - trousers are best (definitely for one-to-one interview) but a couple of people turned up in dark jeans and no-one mentioned anything. I have a friend working at ASDA and her usual pay is £6.50, so I'm assuming that's the 'day rate' since they're an equal-pay employer. I think night workers do get more (~£9?) but that's only what I've heard and not what I've officially been told. I said I'd be willing to do night shifts too - solely for the extra £££ :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AmyJ
Well I only had my Magic assessment yesterday lol and I haven't been to the 2nd interview yet :tongue:. I'd say be as smart as you can - trousers are best (definitely for one-to-one interview) but a couple of people turned up in dark jeans and no-one mentioned anything. I have a friend working at ASDA and her usual pay is £6.50, so I'm assuming that's the 'day rate' since they're a equal-pay employer. I think night workers do get more (~£9?) but that's only what I've heard and not what I've officially been told. I said I'd be willing to do night shifts too - solely for the extra £££ :biggrin:

I hope that is correct, and that Xmas is double pay: 18 pound an hour :ahee:
Reply 1193
I hope that is correct, and that Xmas is double pay: 18 pound an hour :ahee:

Oh I'm not sure about that one... is that on Christmas Eve/Day?
Original post by AmyJ
Oh I'm not sure about that one... is that on Christmas Eve/Day?

Pretty much everywhere pays extra for such days but double is just a guess. Somebody will be by to answer my questions soon I'm sure :moon:
Reply 1195
Pretty much everywhere pays extra for such days but double is just a guess. Somebody will be by to answer my questions soon I'm sure :moon:

It's 6.15 when you start and that eventually goes up to 6.50 after your probationary period I think. You get paid time and a half for christmas eve and boxing day I think and are paid for Christmas day if you're shift is meant to fall that day :smile:
Original post by Baula
It's 6.15 when you start and that eventually goes up to 6.50 after your probationary period I think. You get paid time and a half for christmas eve and boxing day I think and are paid for Christmas day if you're shift is meant to fall that day :smile:

Any idea what night pay is? (Also, thanks).

I can't rep you currently but I will when I can :h:
Reply 1197

It specifically says NOT to wear jeans so I would see if you can get hold of some black trousers. They will always come in handy in the future anyway :smile:

Pay will be 6.15 going up to 6.50 after your probationary period if they keep you on. I think you get paid time and a half for Chrismas Eve, New years eve/day and boxing day though I could be wrong :tongue:

You should get a magic session and a group interview. Any extra training will be done in the store.

When they ask for your uniform sizes you can give any extra requirements. I had to specifically tell them I needed tall - they never asked.

Hope this helps :smile:

EDIT: Saw this after posting the other but as you already replied figured it was pointless deleting my other post :tongue:

- I think the night staff are paid £8 or there abouts but certainly no more than £9
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1198
Hi. Ive been invited to a second interview but not sure for what department/forgot to ask.. Anyone got any general advice?
Reply 1199
Original post by chrisb23
Hi. Ive been invited to a second interview but not sure for what department/forgot to ask.. Anyone got any general advice?

Go to the customer service desk when you arrive, give them your name and explain why you're there, and hopefully someone will know and direct you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending