The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Becca
Yeah, awesome sesh today. Got my deadlift up to 80kg and did 2 reps at 40kg on my bench, with good technique. Had a go at 42.5kg but nothing came. Still, a very good day! :biggrin:

Original post by Becca
Woop!
Squatted with the "proper" bar today. Got up to 45kg with no trouble before I got the old shoulder tingle again, so stopped. Think it's a case of letting my shoulder get used to progressively heavier weights.
So happpy, essentially doubled my previous squat best :woo:

Also strict pressed 18.5kg :cool:

Well done.
Reply 581
Original post by rlw31
Well done.

Thanks! Saw your session in your blog today, it's good you're feeling better! :biggrin:
Reply 582
POW

50kg squat.
Well done. :yy:

Good lifting!
Reply 585
Original post by sleekchic
Well done. :yy:

Original post by MattGriff
Good lifting!

Thanks guys :biggrin: I feel more in me too! Oh yeah :yeah:
Reply 586
I seem to be the only one posting in here these days! I think I'll start a blog in the blogs section after Xmas so this thread isn't just me blabbing on.

Had last workout before I go home over Xmas today. Gonna use those 2 weeks to deload, as we have some weights at home, but not as heavy as at the gym.

Deadlifts: 75x 3 (4 sets), 80 x 2 (4 sets)
Strict Press: 21kg x 2 (6 sets)
Rowing.
Rotator cuff stuff.

Deadlifts ****ing hard.
I'm actually finding benching on a bench more difficult than the swiss ball.

The snow meant the gym was practically empty yesterday, if it's the same today I'm going to try out some deadlifts and stuff while there's hardly anyone around. Yay.
I'm home for Christmas so I'll be without a gym for a couple of weeks.
Reply 589
I'm without a gym for a bit too but yay home. :smile:
Reply 590
Hoping that I'll be able to get home at the moment!
Reply 591
Original post by Becca
Hoping that I'll be able to get home at the moment!

My fingers are crossed! :hugs:
Original post by thepinkpowerranger
I'm actually finding benching on a bench more difficult than the swiss ball.

The snow meant the gym was practically empty yesterday, if it's the same today I'm going to try out some deadlifts and stuff while there's hardly anyone around. Yay.

Hey, you're the person that was planning on doing the triathalon next year from the bootcamp...

Random Q, What are your lifts roughly?
Reply 593
Simply shredded have done a part 2 to their hottest girls on body space

http://www.simplyshredded.com/10-of-the-hottest-fitness-girls-on-bodyspace-part-2.html

I want dem squat asses on my face
I'm guessing I've been posting in the wrong thread. :facepalm2:
Original post by Sorani

Spoiler

Oh I've been backwards and forwards and don't know where to go :frown: Can I beg/ plead to join the Soc here or am I still in the wrong place? Is the Soc still going strong?

I'm starting lifting again and before I charge into it - I'm going by the 5x5 routine, fwiw - I'd like a tiny bit of advice/ some questions answered :smile:

If anyone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful :smile:
Reply 596
Hope nobody minds, I got the other thread closed to try and keep all the posts in the same place!
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
Oh I've been backwards and forwards and don't know where to go :frown: Can I beg/ plead to join the Soc here or am I still in the wrong place? Is the Soc still going strong?

I'm starting lifting again and before I charge into it - I'm going by the 5x5 routine, fwiw - I'd like a tiny bit of advice/ some questions answered :smile:

If anyone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful :smile:

Which 5x5 routine?

I personally fo a variation of starting strength. It's a 3x5 routine but I've replaced power cleans with rows.

Best place to start is probably here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324 and then go here http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Lifts

The second link is quite good because it includes videos of all the lifts. If you need more advice then it's probably best to quote someone like Matt for more advice.
Where have all the barbelles gone?!
Reply 599
Original post by cowsforsale
Where have all the barbelles gone?!

Your sig is from Veronica Mars? Amirite?

Quick Reply

Latest