The Student Room Group

Feminist defends paternity fraud

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/6391918/whos-the-daddy.thtml

In this article feminist Melanie McDonagh argues that women have a fundamental right to lie to men about who their children are, and that men have "a moral responsibility" to the mothers and child simply because they were "chosen". In my opinion not only is this a form of fraud as women can steal child support benefits from men, it is also a form of emotional abuse for the father and child involved. If a woman sleeps around and gets pregnant, no one has any obligation to her, and only the true father has an obligation to the child. The whole thing relies on the female supremist view that mothers should have more of a say in the raising of children than men, a view that is widely accepted and tolerated. Do you know what we call it if a man chooses a woman to be a mother against her will? "Rape". Feminism has become a parody of itself.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm not sure anyone takes that kind of feminist seriously any more. Apart from republicans, but in turn nobody takes them seriously either.
Original post by Hazeo

In this article feminist Melanie McDonagh argues that women have a fundamental right to lie to men about who their children are, and that men have "a moral responsibility" to the mothers and child simply because they were "chosen". In my opinion not only is this a form of fraud as women can steal child support benefits from men, it is also a form of emotional abuse for the father and child involved. If a woman sleeps around and gets pregnant, no one has any obligation to her, and only the true father has an obligation to the child. Do you know what we call it if a man chooses a woman to be a mother against her will? "Rape". Feminism has become a parody of itself.

That is BS to pardon my French.

How can it be seen as logical, fair or emotionally correct. Mel here needs to get her head out of her anus and see reality how it should be.

Your last statement. Well said.
Reply 3
Original post by Bobifier
I'm not sure anyone takes that kind of feminist seriously any more. Apart from republicans, but in turn nobody takes them seriously either.

Seriously enough for her to be allowed to publish her insidous bile on a major news website.
Reply 4
Original post by Hazeo

Original post by Hazeo

In this article feminist Melanie McDonagh argues that women have a fundamental right to lie to men about who their children are, and that men have "a moral responsibility" to the mothers and child simply because they were "chosen". In my opinion not only is this a form of fraud as women can steal child support benefits from men, it is also a form of emotional abuse for the father and child involved. If a woman sleeps around and gets pregnant, no one has any obligation to her, and only the true father has an obligation to the child. Do you know what we call it if a man chooses a woman to be a mother against her will? "Rape". Feminism has become a parody of itself. The whole thing relies on the female supremist view that mothers should have more of a say in the raising of children than men, a view that is widely accepted and tolerated.

That... is by far and above the best troll I have read in a while...
Reply 5
bump
Original post by Hazeo

In this article feminist Melanie McDonagh argues that women have a fundamental right to lie to men about who their children are, and that men have "a moral responsibility" to the mothers and child simply because they were "chosen". In my opinion not only is this a form of fraud as women can steal child support benefits from men, it is also a form of emotional abuse for the father and child involved. If a woman sleeps around and gets pregnant, no one has any obligation to her, and only the true father has an obligation to the child. The whole thing relies on the female supremist view that mothers should have more of a say in the raising of children than men, a view that is widely accepted and tolerated. Do you know what we call it if a man chooses a woman to be a mother against her will? "Rape". Feminism has become a parody of itself.

B**** be crazy
Reply 7
Ahh Feminists :rolleyes:

The best trolls after the religious :mmm:
DNA testing is anti-women. You heard it here first.

Seriously though, what an epic troll. In the spectator no less.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending