The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Has anyone recieved an offer from Queen Mary 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lizzy the Bookworm
Hey, I had mine for English, it was really relaxed, more like a chat about why you like English, what you're interested in and anything you've put in your personal statement. Don't worry, everyone is really helpful and nice!! Just relax, be yourself and talk about what you're passionate about! Good luck!! :smile:

Doesn't sound too bad then. How long did it take them to get back to you with an offer?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Original post by M.A
Doesn't sound too bad then. How long did it take them to get back to you with an offer?

They said that it would take up to two weeks, but mine and my friend at school who also got in for English came through after ten days. ( It was an offer email) UCAS took longer because it is lazy :P
No problem, very best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 22
Offer for joint Politics and Economics, wasn't asked to interview.
Reply 23
Original post by therealOG
Hey, I'm going for that course too! When did you send your application and when did you hear about your offer? And did you have an interview? I've just got a letter saying I've been invited to an interview....

Hi :smile: I sent my application mid-october, and got an offer mid-november. I did'nt have an interview :smile: good luck, hope it goes well!
Reply 24
They said that it would take up to two weeks, but mine and my friend at school who also got in for English came through after ten days. ( It was an offer email) UCAS took longer because it is lazy :P
No problem, very best of luck :biggrin:

I had my interview today and am kind of worried because my interviewer didn't say anything like she'd "recommend me for an offer". Am I reading too much into it? I have no idea how the interview went :s-smilie:
Sorry to bother you but I just thought I'd try and find out whether you were given any hints as to whether your interview went well.
Thank youuuuuuu :smile:

Original post by M.A
I had my interview today and am kind of worried because my interviewer didn't say anything like she'd "recommend me for an offer". Am I reading too much into it? I have no idea how the interview went :s-smilie:
Sorry to bother you but I just thought I'd try and find out whether you were given any hints as to whether your interview went well.
Thank youuuuuuu :smile:

Ahh you're not bothering me at all! My guy didn't say he'd "recommend me" or anything like that, he just said that he "might see me around" which was a bit ambiguous for me and my nerves! In terms of indications, I didn't really have any, only that the interviewer and I had a fair amount to talk about :s-smilie:

What did you and the interviewer talk about? Did you have any critical analysis to look at?
No problem, I'm sure it went better than you think! :biggrin:
Original post by tuhinttt
Going 2 study ICT in the business environement. Sounds boring but the module titles say overwise. Anyone going or planning to go queen mary add me on BBM - Pin: 236049AF

have you actually got an offer? i applied for this in mid september and heard nothing since!
Reply 27
Ahh you're not bothering me at all! My guy didn't say he'd "recommend me" or anything like that, he just said that he "might see me around" which was a bit ambiguous for me and my nerves! In terms of indications, I didn't really have any, only that the interviewer and I had a fair amount to talk about :s-smilie:

What did you and the interviewer talk about? Did you have any critical analysis to look at?
No problem, I'm sure it went better than you think! :biggrin:

"might see me around" sounds pretty promising! I was so nervous too.
We spoke a lot about the poem I was given. It was more of a discussion rather than my interviewer asking me questions. Didn't talk much about my personal statement really. The questions I was expecting like 'Why English?' and 'Why at QMUL?' weren't actually asked.

Hopefully it went well :smile:
Is it your first choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Ive got an offer for materials science and engineering but im invited to a UCAS open day.. is that an interview or just a day where they show you around at stuff?
Reply 29
Original post by ABCDemily
AAAH. WHy have I still not heard from them. It's really stressing me out. I've got an acknowledgement, but nothing else :/

dw its okaiiii,, i applied mid october and i still havent got any replies from them :frown: lol .. we'll get it soon or later hopefully just dont stress :smile:

Original post by M.A
"might see me around" sounds pretty promising! I was so nervous too.
We spoke a lot about the poem I was given. It was more of a discussion rather than my interviewer asking me questions. Didn't talk much about my personal statement really. The questions I was expecting like 'Why English?' and 'Why at QMUL?' weren't actually asked.

Hopefully it went well :smile:
Is it your first choice?

I didn't get "why QM" or " Why English?" either, which was weird because you'd think that they'd be the first priorities.... Discussion is GOOD! It means that you were engaged with what you were doing, and that's what they want!
GOOD LUCK, Let me know how you do. It sounds like it went well :biggrin:
Yeah, its my first choice, I really loved it. What was your impression of it?
Reply 31
I didn't get "why QM" or " Why English?" either, which was weird because you'd think that they'd be the first priorities.... Discussion is GOOD! It means that you were engaged with what you were doing, and that's what they want!
GOOD LUCK, Let me know how you do. It sounds like it went well :biggrin:
Yeah, its my first choice, I really loved it. What was your impression of it?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.
I hope it went well but I have no idea!! It's awful waiting for them to get back to me. ahhhh!
I really liked it as well. The staff all seem really friendly and enthusiastic about english and the students were great too.
Thank you and good luck with all of your uni stuff as well! Might see you there in september :smile:

Original post by M.A
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.
I hope it went well but I have no idea!! It's awful waiting for them to get back to me. ahhhh!
I really liked it as well. The staff all seem really friendly and enthusiastic about english and the students were great too.
Thank you and good luck with all of your uni stuff as well! Might see you there in september :smile:

Ahh just try and put it outta your mind. ( Easier said than done I know..)
Yeah, I don't know what it was, but I just got this really fab VIBE from the place. Everyone was really pysched about English and it seemed awesome :smile:
I hope you get in, might well see you there!
I got one for the foundation year last month.
Reply 34
Got an offer for maths the other day, not updated on track tho :colondollar: It all looks pretty expensive tho after looking at accommodation prices
Reply 35
I had my English interview on the 12th as well, recieved an e-mail offer :biggrin:
Reply 36
got an offer for maths :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by ass_master
got an offer for maths :smile:

sorry, ignore tht i thought it was a different thread
Reply 38
Law!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by killa78
Law!!!! :biggrin:

Well done and congrats :biggrin:. May I ask when did they reply to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending