The Student Room Group

Dancing in clubs and.........

Ok, here is something I never understand. It happened to me this weekend and I just wonder why.....

For example, I am at a club with my mates, we are dancing, in the usual configuation (in a group, sometimes a circle) and there is always some random guy who (who no-on eknows, has met or is with anyone) who thinks its a REALLY good idea to come and dance behind one of us, in a VERY suggestive manner, but out of the girls line of sight, and make out like he is dancing with her. One of the group of girls will usually spot this occuring and and drag the poor girl away from his general area before further humilitation ensues.

Now, my questions to the blokes are:

a) Why do you do this (granted, I know most blokes DON'T do this. But for those who do, what's that all about).

b) If you are guilty of said move, what success rate do you get?

c) Are you one of those guys who will wolf whistle or beep thier car horn when driving past a girl. Again, success rate, i.e. how many girls chase your car down the road begging you to return and take her out>??

Scroll to see replies

im not a guy but just to say that when i was in cyprus some guy was doing this to me in a club and he licked my cheek.
EURGH!!
Reply 2
Little Girl Red
im not a guy but just to say that when i was in cyprus some guy was doing this to me in a club and he licked my cheek.
EURGH!!

:puke:
Reply 3
Some guys play the numbers, meaning if they go after 100 girls, atleast one of them is bound to go home with them. Other guys r drunk, or just being a jerk.
Reply 4
No, I've never done this. Though there was a time where I was at a club and dancing with a girl and I noticed this odd looking short bloke who was trying to get in with this girl... like moving in to grind her arse... so while he had turned around because I'd given him an evil look, i turned us around also, so that I was standing in the place the girl was standing in. The bloke behind then proceeded to smoothly move in and start his attempt at grinding again... what he didnt realise was that I'd switched places and he was grinding my arse instead.
He turned round looking quite suggestive and saw me looking down at him, somewhat unimpressed. His face was a picture :biggrin: his face went from a "How you doin'" to a :eek: OH MY GOD! in about half a second. He scurried off to the bar with his pride in tatters. :cool:
Reply 5
Am I the only girl who really doesn't like this either!?

I go out most weekends, ok so every weekend. I've just come out of a v long term relationship and I just want to have girlie fun, I go out with some guys but the main consensus is a girls night.

When we're dancing, I object really strongly to some tit coming up and doing this! It's like, why? I wouldn't ever touch a guy who does this kind of thing unless, ok, I knew him, in which case it's ok as it's an ice breaker! I really would never date someone who is that sleazy!
Reply 6
Men in clubs will always try something. You just have to hope that its a fit one - they tend to be less rude, also.

I reckon most guys just hope that you're drunk enough (inevitabely not).

I hate guys that just can't take no for an answer - literally. Even the, "I've got a boyfriend" never works because they ask why you're out without him. My answer is: "Uh, well usually he keeps me chained to the kitchen sink, but this is my night off". Argh.
Reply 7
Actually, that's true. My friends and I have a rating system out of 10. So if someone comes up, everyone will sort of sidle past and go, "8, looks like a rugby player", "Beardy, beardy, 3, run!" etc etc etc.

Which I feel is only fair, as a girl needs something to go on.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
L.J
I've had a drunk girl with no shoes on knock on my window and try to get a lift home...then she tried to open the back door (obviously being a city girl I lock my car doors as soon as I get in). She then started trying to speak through the slightly opened passenger window to my boyfriend, while still hanging onto the car. I drove off cos the lights changed and she fell over :rolleyes:

*titters* :biggrin:
Reply 9
L.J
Regarding guys in clubs, if they're dancing and not being sleazy, I'll normally have a chat to them, and usually we find out we have a mutual friend and then organise a formal with our drinking societies. If they are being sleazy, I'll grab a male friend (of which I have loads) and they'll pretend to be my boyfriend. Sometimes one of my friends does it without being told to, which is so sweet (most of the guys have girlfriends and have been trained well!!). Normally I'm out with my boyfriend, and I've had a guy come onto me while my boyfriend's had his arm round me. I pushed the guy off and he spilt his drink down his front - obviously v drunk. When I'm with the girls, we just tell unwanted attention to f*ck off. Sometimes my (v attractive) female friend gets unwanted attention of the aggressive kind from jealous girls. They shove her out of the way and stamp on her feet. I've had the same problem sometimes too. In these circumstances we team up and shove the girl back! One time I elbowed a girl in the head :redface: No one messes with my friends :mad:

YAY girl power!
Reply 10
I guess some guys do it because they aim for equally sleazy girls and it works?
Reply 11
Clubs aren't called meat factories for nothing you know. If you go to a club and this happens then it is your own fault IMO. Moral of the story, don't go to clubs - they suck, and so do most of the people in them.
Reply 12
Where will we dance then?

In the streets?

In the hills?

In Debenhams?

Where? Where? Where?
One time when I was out in a club dancing, someone grabbed my ass like 6 times. I turned round a couple of times to see who it was, but I didn't find out.
Reply 14
nikk
Clubs aren't called meat factories for nothing you know. If you go to a club and this happens then it is your own fault IMO. Moral of the story, don't go to clubs - they suck, and so do most of the people in them.

I hardly think that is fair. If you go to a club just wanting to dance/have fun with your friends, then it's not your fault if some guy tries to feel you up. Especially if you're not even particularly dressed in a way that might seem to be "inviting" this (not that that's ever an excuse for a guy either).
nikk

Seconded.
Reply 16
Beekeeper
Seconded.

I really think that is out of line. :mad: Why on earth should I not go to a club or a bar because certain individuals have no manners/decorum and feel a need to be sleazy?

As I said in my original post, most guys aren't like that. Some are, and that ruins it.

*pouts*
nikk
You obviously go to the wrong clubs.
I was in a niteclub in leicester square last month and a lot of strange fellas seemed to attach themselves to girls hips.
My friends and i ended up with a get out phrase and spent the night running in and out of the bathroom to shake fellas off.
material breach
You obviously go to the wrong clubs.

I think he's got it spot on, which clubs do you go to??

Latest

Trending

Trending