The Student Room Group

Winter is here

This morning frost everywhere with tempertures as low as -2 degrees,

who feels the chill and who thinks the winter will get worse or is the snow fast approachig what do you think

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad you cleared that up, I was still stuck in summer mode.
Reply 2
it is actually really sunny and warm here surprisingly. but yeah... whoo for winter!
Original post by Yawn11
Glad you cleared that up, I was still stuck in summer mode.

Lol.
Reply 4
It's about -700 Celsius where I am right now.

I hate winter
Reply 5

My favorite season :smile:
Reply 6
Lots of dense fog in Gloucestershire yesterday, and temperatures fell to -3 at around 7am this morning.

I don't mind it too much at all, I look forward to each season equally.
Reply 7
Yay i love winter. Only problem is mice seem to have taken to our house :frown:.
Reply 8
You only got frost for the first time tonight?
We've been getting it every now and then for over a month now.
And the other weekend I saw some serious frost while up on Blencathra, about half an inch of the stuff hanging from every blade of grass.
It tasted nice too.
Reply 9
And at Moscow region we live as if in spring.
There was snow for several days. And now we have about +10 at day, and about + 5 at night.
Reply 10
It was really frosty last night, my dad had to pour lukewarm water on the car windscreens to get it off.
We have had frost spells over the last couple of weeks but not severe like last night.

I love the beginnings of Winter where there is a chill in the air and it's near Christmas.
Hate Winter in Jan and Feb though because it always seems to rain! :frown:
I wonder if we'll get ankle deep snow with ice beneath that in Manchester again :dry:
Reply 12
Winter sucks.
Reply 13
Original post by amizzle91
It was really frosty last night, my dad had to pour lukewarm water on the car windscreens to get it off.
We have had frost spells over the last couple of weeks but not severe like last night.

I love the beginnings of Winter where there is a chill in the air and it's near Christmas.
Hate Winter in Jan and Feb though because it always seems to rain! :frown:

You should never pour warm or hot water over an icy windscreen as it can crack. Just use de-icer spray or scrape it off.
Original post by 01jtiong
This morning frost everywhere with tempertures as low as -2 degrees,

who feels the chill and who thinks the winter will get worse or is the snow fast approachig what do you think

I'm strangely looking forward to winter. Dunno why lately but I've really wanted some persistent heavy rain, failing that a nice fat heavy winter, though last winter I didn't appreciate the weather much at all.
Reply 15
Original post by Luceria
Winter sucks.

The winters become warmer and warmer, just several years ago at Russia we had a hot winter. This winter reminds it. Not long ago we had small tornado under Moscow, just the next town from mine. The climate changes. Some Russian TV shows tell about Vanga and others. And some Russian science already dream to colonize tundra when it will become like African savanna. Cause they found that thousands years ago tundra was like savanna.
I'm in doubts I just got a new kind of apricot-tree this year. It must perfectly deal with frost and was invented just several years ago at Unies of Russian South. So I'm in doubts, why should I get exactly such a tree, when I could get usual apricot tree, if future winters may be like this one. :biggrin:
Original post by Willum Infanta
I wonder if we'll get ankle deep snow with ice beneath that in Manchester again :dry:

I really do love the snow but you're right it does tend to bring everywhere to a halt :frown:
I hope there's snow on Christmas Day this year :biggrin:
Argghhh. I hate this fkn miserable weather.
Original post by Star Princess
I really do love the snow but you're right it does tend to bring everywhere to a halt :frown:

Having to trudge through all the way to my school only to find out it was closed for the week because of the snow. That and chav's throwing snow/iceballs at you.

But the massive snow wars were fun :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending