The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford university interview nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi please can anyone help. I have an interview for adult nursing next wed 2nth may and I would like to know what to expect from the English and maths test and a bit about the group and one 2 one interview I am really nervous as maths has never been my strong point and I would really appreciate some guidance thank you
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
I have a Adult Nursing interview on the 6th Feb at 13.00 at Salford. I did have the same interview last year and was unsuccessful so trying to do my research this time round and plan my interview answers in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

I've already had interviews at manchester met and edge hill, and been unsuccessful with these, feedback has been requested. Therefore Salford is one of my only options left. I am not worrying about the English or maths test as i tend to fare well with these. Its just the group interview and solo interview, that i would like help with. Either questions if anyone has any inside information? Or advice on how to plan my answers?

I'm sure one of the questions is what do you know about the course. And i struggled with this last year, other than the obvious; 3 years, full time, 50/50.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Hi,

I also have an interview this feb 20th feb an Im so nervous, I am quite good at talking and knowing my stuff to regards of the healthcare sector but Im so scared about maths too as I am still doing my gcse and hoping to pass.

Also have an interview at Huddersfield on 28th Jan anyone been to one there?

Thanks
Reply 23
Hi, I had my salford interview on the 14th and I think the individual interview questions changes quite often, they still ask you why is it you want to study at salford. I'd revise maths quite a bit, salford was my last interview and the maths I found really hard whereas I hadn't with the other unis. All I can suggest is practice some scenarios and read up about the course and the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Has anyone firmed their offer with Salford yet?

I'm waiting for one decision. I've been able to withdraw from others but one doesn't appear to have that option?:confused:
Reply 25
Think a lot of people are still waiting to hear from Salford they won't let the majority know if they have a place until may

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by CourtyJade
Think a lot of people are still waiting to hear from Salford they won't let the majority know if they have a place until may

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told probably May too but heard within a few weeks of interview that I'd got on offer. Still can't believe it.

Think I'll have to wait until I receive a decision from this last place before I can reply.
Reply 27
It's been two weeks since my interview and I'm still waiting don't know if that's good or bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
It's been two weeks since my interview and I'm still waiting don't know if that's good or bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mean for you to worry about not hearing back yet. There's probably too much emphasise on timescales (I'm guilty of this, hence why I'm getting impatient about replying) An offer is an offer no matter when you hear. You've not received a U - I'd take that as a good thing.
Reply 29
Original post by Courteener
I didn't mean for you to worry about not hearing back yet. There's probably too much emphasise on timescales (I'm guilty of this, hence why I'm getting impatient about replying) An offer is an offer no matter when you hear. You've not received a U - I'd take that as a good thing.

Oh no You didn't make me worry lol don't worry about it, everyone's anxious about hearing back it's a part of the process! I'm curious to see if anyone has received an unsuccessful yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Still waiting to hear from Salford!! Ahh it's driving me crazy !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I have an interview at Salford next Monday for Mental Health Nursing and on my letter it just says about an individual interview and not a group one. I was just wondering if this means that there wont be one at all or there is and they just haven't written in on the letter... I'm confused
Reply 32
Has anyone heard from Salford for child branch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Iv got my interview on Monday too :smile: anyone had an interview for mental health nursing yet??
Reply 34
Has anyone been waiting a while to hear back from salford? Have any of you tried contacting them to see ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my interview today (Adult branch)..

The Questions were :-
What type of learner are you?
Why Salford?
What do you know about the course?
How would my friends describe me?
If a patient wanted to make a complaint what would you do?

The group interview we were shown a picture of a man with his arm around a women of a similar age and relate it to the 6Cs.

The English test was the same as last year, you read a newspaper article about hand washing and answer four questions on this.. The last Question, Why is hand washing important in the field of nursing?

Maths i personally found hard without the use of a calculator.
Example question There is 250mg of medication in 100ml of liquid, however a patient needs 50mg of medication, What volume of liquid will they require?
Had an interview for Adult Nursing on the 8th of January, heard back off them on the 27th with a conditional offer. :smile:
Reply 37
Was yours morning or afternoon ?
Mine was in the morning :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by ethompson18
Mine was in the morning :smile:

Ohh hiyas it's the girl with the bright red hair :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending