The Student Room Group

How many assignments.....

Poll

How many assignments do you work on at a time?

Do you work on at a time?

I personally will only start 1 at a time, because i'd rather have my mind focused on one thing at a time. But my lecturers bang on about doing multiple essays/assignments at a time.

What do you do?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
One.

I am the worst multi-tasker in the world. :sigh:
Atm, i am currently working on 2 different problem sheets(chemistry), both are open on my desk, done most of one of them, only got a few questions left but moved onto the next week to get the majority of that one done...

Will come back later and finish them off/do the harder questions...
Multiple on different days.
Haha I use to bash @ say 3 @ a time . . I learnt the hard way that it's perhaps not the best move lol.

One at a time = FTW :yep:.
I generally work on one at a time, because I am in that frame of mind. Very rarely I get bored and think I might as well do another one, but that's only happened about twice I think.
An essay assignment will usually take me three days. I take one day (usually about 4 hours work during each of the days) to research, then I write half of the essay in the two remaining days. I try to do this as soon as I know what the assignments are. I have three assignments in for January, and I've already done one and a half of them!

You feel a lot better if you get things totally out of the way, rather than having to work on loads of things at the same time, and there's no need to do that anyway if you manage your time properly.
Reply 7
I generally work on one at a time as otherwise I can't focus properly and get confused :s
Reply 8
I prefer to work on one at a time, but generally end up flicking between them based on which seems easiest at the time. Even when I'm doing that though, I'll stay on the same assignment for a pretty hefty length of time.
Reply 9
I'm currently working on researching 3 and planning 2 (my dissertation and 2 module essays due in after Christmas). When it comes to actually writing them though I'll do them one at a time.
Reply 10
(edited 13 years ago)
ONE. I think I lack any sort of multi-tasking skill, which stresses me out. I currently have lots of work to do on my dissertation, a presentation, and three 3,000 word essays due in within the next few weeks. I'm only working on one essay at the moment though. Life would be so much easier if I could do several things at once :frown:
Reply 12
We only do one module at a time so it means we only work on one assignment, which is due every 4 weeks.
I prefer to work on one assignment at a time and have done so far but on one occasion, I worked on two because of the deadlines.
I usually just work on one (main) one at a time, i.e. see one essay through before starting another, but the other day I researched and planned one essay, then started on another before going back to the original one. It worked surprisingly well!
Reply 15
Although I often get given numerous assignments at once - I only do one at a time.

I am awful at multi-tasking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending