The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University opinions

Hi,
I am looking into applying for my MSc at Anglia Ruskin university to study Animal Behaviour: Applications for Conservation, however was hoping for peoples thoughts on the course and the university itself. Is it a good university and should i consider it for my MSc??
Original post by Gabby321
Hi,
I am looking into applying for my MSc at Anglia Ruskin university to study Animal Behaviour: Applications for Conservation, however was hoping for peoples thoughts on the course and the university itself. Is it a good university and should i consider it for my MSc??

Hi Gabby,

I am currently a student in my third year studying animal behaviour at undergraduate level at ARU but thought it could be helpful to give you my insights too as the masters course will definitely align with some aspects of the undergraduate course.

I have loved my time at ARU. There is a range of different modules which I really like so you can study all different aspects into animal behaviour from their cognition and biology behind their behaviour to also assessing how to produce good welfare and behaviour for an animal. There are also very many opportunities to go on field trips so you can experience different situations in person with animals so you are able to apply this to your learning as well as assignments. The support for my assignments have been great, so many different sources of materials are posted way in advance to deadlines to try guide and help you in completing your assignments and the teachers are always happy to receive questions and in my experience have always tried their best to answer my questions. The lessons also range from a variety of teaching styles, there may be lecture based, classroom based with open discussions, practical lab sessions, field trips and group work which really helps with engagement and seeing things from different perspectives.

I hope this has helped :-)
Bayleigh
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending