The Student Room Group

Do you like being approached by guys in the daytime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
No, my kind is vulnerable to sunlight.
Reply 101
Why are you arguing about languages in my thread ???
I don't really appreciate being approached/stared at at any time of day tbh.
Original post by DeputyDog
I just want to know if any other girls feel the same - whenever you're out in town shopping, in a shopping centre etc, do you ever secretly wish you'd get approached by a guy? I dunno about you but I know I used to. And I used to eye up hot (older) guys all the time and kinda wish they'd approach me.

I'm talking about decent, friendly, charming guys and not idiots/chavs/creepy guys!

I've got a bf now so I'm not bothered, but yeah I dunno what it is with UK guys but they stare but NEVER approach. Where are all the guys with some guts and confidence?

So why didn't you approach them.
Reply 104
Original post by headphones
So why didn't you approach them.

1) Scared of rejection,

2) It's the man's job to approach.
Original post by Neil_K
I've been saying this **** for ages. The daytime is the best place to meet women, full stop. I'm British myself, and I'm the exception to the rule....I APPROACH girls when I'm out and about, I don't STARE.

In a way I'm actually glad that British men don't approach girls in the daytime, because it means there is no competition for me. And when you DO approach a girl in the daytime, in a friendly, confident, charming and honest manner, it IMMEDIATELY makes you stand out from the rest. I'm of the opinion that British women are starved of real men....it seems to me that British men can only approach women when drunk, or in bars/clubs, or over the internet, or meet through social circles....almost NOONE dares approach in the daytime when sober.

My advice to you is this....1) read a book called 'Mode One: Let The Women Know What You're REALLY Thinking' by Alan Roger Currie (Google it). This book will explain that the best way to meet women is to be direct and honest with them....no 'beating around the bush', just be straight up and honest with them that you think they're attractive and that you want to get to know them. Cut out all the bull**** small-talk etc and get right to the point, and 2) don't bother asking girls for their numbers. Instead, get a ton of business cards printed out, then after you've talked to a girl for a few minutes, ask her if she fancies getting together with you sometime in the next few weeks so you can get to know each other, then hand her your card and tell her to call you when she's free. Then simply walk away.

This works wonders because it AUTOMATICALLY weeds out the girls who are interested in you from those who aren't, since only the girls who are interested will call. And it also makes girls chase you instead of you having to chase them, thus giving you the power position. When a girl has to 'work' for your attention, it makes her want you more. So yeah, never take a ****ing number from a girl again. Give her yours, and make her chase you instead. Ever since I started doing this, I've wasted less time on girls who aren't interested and had girls chase after me...which is better all round. Good luck!

So where do you live? If you live in the same place as me id love to watch you work your magic sir.
1) Scared of rejection,

2) It's the man's job to approach.

So it's the girls job to cook clean hoover ect......?????

Stereotypes are for kids
I'd take a guy more seriously if he approached me in the daytime rather than on a night out.
Reply 108
Original post by headphones
So where do you live? If you live in the same place as me id love to watch you work your magic sir.

I live in Manchester, though there's a good chance I will be going travelling in the next few months. Where are you from?
Original post by Neil_K
I live in Manchester, though there's a good chance I will be going travelling in the next few months. Where are you from?

ATM going Uni in Southampton.
Guys do not approach because most girls are unapproachable. I.e. with friends, on their mobile etc
Reply 111
I recently got approached in the daytime and it totally weirded me out. At least somewhere social at night, it's kinda normal to just strike up a conversation, it doesn't feel so forced and you're not put on your guard straightaway - but when somebody just randomly comes up to you while you're out shopping and tries it on, it's like, wtf?!
Original post by abc101
I recently got approached in the daytime and it totally weirded me out. At least somewhere social at night, it's kinda normal to just strike up a conversation, it doesn't feel so forced and you're not put on your guard straightaway - but when somebody just randomly comes up to you while you're out shopping and tries it on, it's like, wtf?!

but at night, that person is probly drunk, and when guys are drunk, they speak to anyone with a vagina
Original post by abc101

It shows that guy is attracted to you whilst sober, rather than being drunk in a club and approaching you as a last resort or something. Anyone who has the balls to approach in the day time and can pull it off is a real man and has real guts and confidence. Plus it is a compliment to the girl as it shows you are attractive enough to be approached.
Reply 114
But at least when a guy starts talking to you at a bar, he could just be striking up a conversation because it's a social atmosphere, so it's not necessarily like he wants to get into your pants - he might merely be chatting to you just for a chat. And if he does start flirting with you and trying it on, at least you've got the fairly friendly basis of the initial chat for it to start from. Whereas if a guy comes right up to you in the daytime, it's clearly, 'I saw you from over there, I think you're hot, I want to get with you' - it feels a little too upfront and as if looks are the only thing that matters.
Original post by abc101
But at least when a guy starts talking to you at a bar, he could just be striking up a conversation because it's a social atmosphere, so it's not necessarily like he wants to get into your pants - he might merely be chatting to you just for a chat. And if he does start flirting with you and trying it on, at least you've got the fairly friendly basis of the initial chat for it to start from. Whereas if a guy comes right up to you in the daytime, it's clearly, 'I saw you from over there, I think you're hot, I want to get with you' - it feels a little too upfront and as if looks are the only thing that matters.

General rule of thumb though, with exceptions before someone says they disagree. Guys immediately base their first opinion of a girl by their looks. Girls find confidence very attractive, so can find an average looking, but confident guy more attractive than a very non confident, but attractive person. And approaching shows confidence, if you do it right. Think about it, if you see someone attractive on the street and you think that then why bottle those feelings up. They could be the most amazing person you've met. I mean it expands your horizons on who you meet and so means you can ultimately find a person perfect for yourself ultimately :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by abc101

It only 'weirds a girl out' if the guy is creepy in some way...

But a genuine, honest, direct approach in the daytime by a friendly, charming, non-creepy guy can work wonders.

Original post by abc101

Most guys who approach women in bars only approach you because they think you're good looking and they want sex that night. Even if they don't tell you that upfront.

I dislike indirect/beat around the bush type approaches. I've found that upfront honesty and being open about the fact you find the girl attractive works far better. Then, if the girl is interested then great, and if not then no time is wasted, and nobody gets misled or confused about the other person's intentions etc.

I think you've been approached by some creepy guys in the daytime and you've let that colour your perception of daytime approaches somewhat.

But if guys like myself or Gob were to approach you, you'd soon change your tune :-)
(edited 13 years ago)
I wouldn't mind doing this sometime but it's so embarrassing when they're just completely not interested and it ends up being so awkward...
Reply 118
This is why we don't

I'm talking about decent, friendly, charming guys and not idiots/chavs/creepy guys!

Most of us get a reaction as if we've just stepped in dog muck and wiped it on your trousers.

I'll go ahead and translate your OP for what it actually means:

"Why don't 9/10 drop dead gorgeous guys approach me?"

So thats the reason we don't do it randomly off the street. We know you'll just think we're creepy, because when an attractive guy is forward, its confidence, but when someone you don't find attractive is forward, suddenly its eww creeper.
I would prefer being approached in the daytime. so that I know that they are not drunk. moreover, it is more surprising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending