The Student Room Group

Have you ever seen a ghost or experienced something paranormal??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:iiam:?
Reply 21
I have... but I tend to think that there's some psychological explanation to it rather than a supernatural one.
Original post by xnatalie01x
Some people on this thread that think that science is the answer to everything and I don't want a load of people on my case :rofl:

Science is, by defenition, the serch for knowledge and explenation. Maby you would look more favourably upon it if there was evidence for ghosts.
Original post by Skies
Why shouldn't it be though?

Because some people on here will have had experiences that you can't explain with scientific equations or general logic.
I have had a couple of weird experiences of this kind, though not actually SEEN a ghost...though I would very much like to despite knowing that i'd be intensely freaked out (I believe in ghosts/spirits, or at least other 'entities' if you like though nagging part of me still sticks to the old seeing-is believing thing.

My old primary school was built on a convent (fact well documented) which obviously included the nun's cemetery and the like. Several teachers, including my mum who worked there for a while have known or been told of the convent foundations and apparently some graves that came up during the architectural surveys. This probably gave rise to all those 'primary-school' esque superstitions of which there were many specific to here: girl who hanged herself in the toilets, nun who fell down the stairs and broke her neck, all that kind of thing. I like most of the kids at the back of our minds had a suspricion that despite the history all this was bull****, apart from a few persistent weird goings on in some areas. Despite having windows on completely the other side of the rooms that would cause a draught, one of the yr4 classrooms had a permanent and unique one - literally you would close door at one side of the room, opposite door at other end would open, close that, other one opens, was pretty weird. More convincingly however once when i was in year6 i think our class were sitting cross-leged lined up against the wall in this realllly long corridor on the ground floor (no one behind or in front, you understand). then i felt something that seriously ****ing felt like a hand tug me backwards really sharply, like into the wall almost though i was leaning against it. Could not mistake it, and i believed th nun stories from then on weird as they seemed.

Sorry for the essay!
Reply 25
Original post by xnatalie01x
Because some people on here will have had experiences that you can't explain with scientific equations or general logic.

Genuinely find it hard to believe someone has experienced something which cannot be justified by general logic, I am very interested to hear of such 'experiences'.

Its not so much that ghosts are just a bit silly, its the fact you would need to bend/break quite a lot of scientific laws just to explain them. I just don't think a random noise in the attic your aunt heard 30 years ago is a good enough reason for anyone to start questioning science.
YES I'm not going to share it coz u guys won't be able to sleep if i do..scaryyyyyy stufff
Earlier post bit underwhelming, but what more fed my belief in the supernatural i think was my family's experiences. My mum apparently went a bit too far with the ouja board during her student days (i know here she is not lying, if your gonnas nitpick me abou tthis i'll give you the proof or whatever you'd like to call it). Meanwhile with my grandparents on both sides, my grandad and great-gran saw their already deceased wife and husband respectively (the latter 20years before) when they were pretty close to dying in hospital. Since hearing i've researched this and appears to be quite a common phenomenon - whether psychological or paranormal, i don't know.
Original post by I-love-life
YES I'm not going to share it coz u guys won't be able to sleep if i do..scaryyyyyy stufff

Go on :tongue:
Original post by StephenP91
Ghosts don't exist. If you have experienced the so called "paranormal" then you are "paranoid" and need professional help.

When I saw a ghost I merely realised it was your mum in her nightie.

What i was doing in her house is between myself and the cupboard.
Closest I've got was probably when I had an episode of sleep paralysis with mild hallucinations.. not fun :frown:
Reply 31
Yeah once I left my bike outside Sainsburies and when I came back it had gone :iiam:

in all seriousness, I remember one of my first memories was as a toddler being taken to some welsh ruins by my parents. I climbed up these stairs to the top where there had been bars inserted to prevent people from going onto the top floor (presumably because it was unsafe.) Anyway, I remember looking through the bars and seeing this green mist. Cant explain it even now, although I am sure that there is some sort of logical explanation.

I dont believe in ghosts as I use to, but I am sort of open minded, even though I believe in a rational outlook on the world.
Original post by emilina
I haven't but my parents have and they told me about them.
(first off, I have four siblings)
When I was a new born baby my parents put me to bed, and then went downstairs to like read and relax, when suddenly they heard a baby crying from upstairs. They went upstairs, but I was still fast a sleep . . .

The next time was when I used to share a room with my younger brother who is called Nathan. Again, we all went to bed, when suddenly my parents could hear someone just calling out 'Nathan' over and over again, went upstairs to investigate, and again, all of us were fast asleep, and none of us knew anything about it.

I have heard things fall over in my house, gone to investigate and nothing is out of place, like in the bathroom where A) there is nothing in there to fall over and B) you'd notice somethign out of place.

Feel free to think me mad, I think it's kinda cool :h: (in a scary way :afraid:)

If I lived where you do, I would curl up in my bed and cry myself to sleep every night.
Original post by Lead Pipes A Fortune Made
Go on :tongue:

just one for u lol

I always put my phone in it's case and put it under my pillow before I go to bed. one night I woke up around 3 am and my window was open and I could hear really strange noises in my room, the window that was open hadn't been opened in years because it was stuck or something but someone opened it that night..back to my phone I looked under my pillow to get phone and my phone wasn't in it's case. the phone was under the pillow but the case is still missing. :s-smilie:
I've had so many other things happening to me. it's so freaky
I woke up in the middle of the night when I first moved to uni and saw a girl standing by my bed looking out of the window. At first I thought I was imagining things and closed my eyes before opening them again. She was still standing there. It really creeped me out and I never slept without my fairy lights on again while I was there. I know it's probably my imagination but it still scared me, even though ghosts can't hurt you anyway.
Bogeyman?

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by I-love-life
just one for u lol

I always put my phone in it's case and put it under my pillow before I go to bed. one night I woke up around 3 am and my window was open and I could hear really strange noises in my room, the window that was open hadn't been opened in years because it was stuck or something but someone opened it that night..back to my phone I looked under my pillow to get phone and my phone wasn't in it's case. the phone was under the pillow but the case is still missing. :s-smilie:
I've had so many other things happening to me. it's so freaky

thats well weird! :eek:
Reply 36
not yet
Reply 37
Well i was asleep one night and i saw a light coming through the gap in the curtains....i opened the curtains and looked outside and saw a bright flashing light....was extremely bright and I still dont know what it was to this day. It was blindingly bright!

I think it was a spaceship of some sort, even if that sounds crazy :colondollar:
Original post by vn2009
thats well weird! :eek:

I know I actually changed my room, luckily we have a spare room in my house. no one really uses my ex bedroom anymore coz lots of freaky things happens there..ahhh now I can't sleep tonight :frown:
Reply 39
Ghosts exist. Karl Pilkington can attest to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending