The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

help please.

hey, this could go in the ucas application thread place but i thought it would be more helpful for me to post here with many of you attending swasea. i recently got my ucas welcome letter (after waiting what seemed for weeks), and it said on the back some uin's will write to you, to thank you for your application whilst other dont until they have reached a decision. do swansea write to you and tell you they got your application? its just a pain cause track isnt up yet and im all in a dither over the silly application process.
xemilyx
hey, this could go in the ucas application thread place but i thought it would be more helpful for me to post here with many of you attending swasea. i recently got my ucas welcome letter (after waiting what seemed for weeks), and it said on the back some uin's will write to you, to thank you for your application whilst other dont until they have reached a decision. do swansea write to you and tell you they got your application? its just a pain cause track isnt up yet and im all in a dither over the silly application process.

I had letters confirming the offers direct from Swansea from both the Politics & International Relations department and Business School. They didn’t reveal the precise offer, though.

Most departments tend to make offers without holding interviews, so when you get a letter from the University confirming your offer, you’ll also get one from UCAS with the offer details, and one from the Admissions office confirming your offer from the University.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
thank you :smile:
I first got a letter from the History Department welcoming my application and inviting me to an interview, and then a few days after the interview I got a letter giving me my offer.
Reply 4
thanks guys, im probably stressing over nothing at all. so history do interviews, what did they ask you etc?
Well, with me the guy just went through my personal statement, asking me questions about it. For example, I'd mentioned that I was interested in art and was required to write analytically about it for my A2 coursework, so he asked me about that. Also, I'd written a section about my interest in history, especially in medieval and early modern history, so he asked more about that too. Apart from that it was more of a getting-to-know-me friendly chat/discussion than a formal interview really, just remember to be relaxed in it and it will go fine for you :smile:
Reply 6
hehe thanks :smile:

Latest