The Student Room Group

Superdry: Is it really THAT good?

I've noticed in the past months Superdry has really come into fashion a lot more than they use to. Aside from winter being upon us, I think they're becoming a conventional trend now. I remember in 2009 when they were virtually unheard of, amazingly expensive and made you feel classy. Now you see little ten year olds wearing them, corner street chavs sporting them and they're slowly but surely becoming the new icon amongst mediocre-mid popular fashion models. I like the jackets but I don't like the idea of everyone else wearing something which once had a sense of originality to it. Is that a bad thing? I know equality is important but in this incidence it sucks.

EDIT BY CT:

Cheap Superdry sale section is here: https://www.superdry.com/mens/sale-view-all
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's always been ridiculously tacky and overpriced.

The worst thing about them is the fact that they try to appear Japanese. Don't lie, guys. Nobody likes a liar.
Reply 2
Thats what I think each time I go and see others wearing the stuff. But when I go in, I am actually surpised to see stuff that I would happily buy.
Reply 3
Pretty typical hipster/trendy mindset you have there.

If you like the clothes, wear them. If you don't, don't. Who cares what anyone else is wearing.

On a personal note, I despise wearing any clothes that proclaim a label to the world, be it 'superdry', 'g star', 'nike' whatever. I'd be far more likely to wear a superdry jacket if it didnt have that absurd luminous lettering on the shoulder. But that's my opinion, and I would have told you the same "in 2009 when they were virtually unheard of". Decide whether you like something or not for yourself, not based on what everyone else is or isn't doing.
Reply 4
I once saw this ho in a full superdry shell suit. I soaked her with my load and said "yo ain't so superdry now yo."
Its just the trackies and hoodies that everybody likes! I know this time of year I would prefer to just snuggle in to some :smile:
Reply 6
ten collars for £200??? gimme gimme gime dat crap. and dont forget dem zips.
The clothes are amazingly good quality. I used to be of the same opinion as a above poster, that it is tacky and overpriced, but then I randomly bought a superdry t-shirt and it was amazing quality O.O

same for the hoody, boxers and other items I bought shortly after.
It may be good quality but it's too garish and that's what makes it tacky imo. Their jackets look great but they're ruined by the silly branding.
Reply 9
It's like a uniform for metrosexuals.
Reply 10
I used to like it but it's far too common now, although some of the subtly-branded stuff is nice.
I don't think I would wear the hoodies and stuff with the logo all over them, but I've got that hooded lumberjack jacket that they do and it's amazing, really good quality and properly warm :smile:
I wouldn't wear the hoodies and stuff with the logo all over them, but I've got the hooded lumberjack jacket that they do and it's amazing, really good quality and properly warm :smile:
Agree on the whole "japanese" thing though, that annoys me.
Reply 13
I have always maintained their stuff is horrid.
My friend has a Superdry coat. He always makes the joke that it's called that because super-dry is how you have to keep it.
I've never really found them to come across as classy, it doesn't look worth the price.
Kinda looks like the stuff you find in TKMAX
Reply 17
Personally I think it poor quality for the price and to mainstream
I've had a Superdry coat for a few years now. It's SO WARM! :yep: I love it.
They have a couple of nice items. But the majority of it is horrible and tacky looking, such as it could come out of Burton. I've got one hoody and a t shirt from them which are good quality and nice. But they are the only nice things i've seen from them. All the other hoodies are tacky and horrible.

Latest