The Student Room Group

Stephen Perse Sixth Form College OR North London Collegiate School?

I've applied for two schools' sixth form. I want to do IB.

North London Collegiate School (20% scholarship)
Stephen Perse Sixth Form College (25% scholarship)

They are both very good schools and the scholarships seem very appealing.
Which one should I choose?
Reply 1
Original post by freakynerdlol
I've applied for two schools' sixth form. I want to do IB.

North London Collegiate School (20% scholarship)
Stephen Perse Sixth Form College (25% scholarship)

They are both very good schools and the scholarships seem very appealing.
Which one should I choose?

You do realise one is in Cambridge and one in London and neither has boarding facilities? So it really depends on where you live.
Reply 2
ya i know...i can live in either place
Reply 3
I am currently studying in Stephen Perse Sixth Form College. I am doing A-levels so I can't comment on how well the IB course is, but my school broke the world record of best IB results last year and received the IB School of the Year from Sunday Times.
http://www.stephenperse.com/uploads/international%20baccalaureate%20school%20of%20the%20year%202010%20%281%29.pdf

In Stephen Perse, most of the students are girls you might have noticed. There are 10 boys in the entire sixth form now (out of around 200 people).

Should you have any more questions, please pm me.

Wish to see you next year in Stephen Perse.
Hello, freakynerdlol! I'm not sure whether you'll reply me as I'm replying to a 5-years-old post and you must have already graduated by now.

I am a Year 10 and coincidentally, I'm also planning to apply for Stephen Perse Sixth Form and North London Collegiate School. I've actually applied for Stephen Perse already but I missed the deadline for North London, and would need to wait until March to seek whether there are vacancies.
But let's just say if I received both school's offer, and had to choose one.

Which school did you go to in the end? Did you enjoy it? What was it like?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CalmeChristy
Hello, freakynerdlol! I'm not sure whether you'll reply me as I'm replying to a 5-years-old post and you must have already graduated by now.

I am a Year 10 and coincidentally, I'm also planning to apply for Stephen Perse Sixth Form and North London Collegiate School. I've actually applied for Stephen Perse already but I missed the deadline for North London, and would need to wait until March to seek whether there are vacancies.
But let's just say if I received both school's offer, and had to choose one.

Which school did you go to in the end? Did you enjoy it? What was it like?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply! :smile:

I'm in year 10 at Stephen Perse ugh so annoyed boys are coming to the senior school but never mind. It's amazing and brilliant and really good so I highly recommend it
I live in Cambridge. Perse girls (now Stephen perse) is honestly a bit of a joke for everyone. Grades have just gone downhill and everyone I know who went there left for other schools. There are only a few boys - I don’t know why they went there- and results aren’t actually that good compared to other schools...
Alice&ⅆ74982616
I live in Cambridge. Perse girls (now Stephen perse) is honestly a bit of a joke for everyone. Grades have just gone downhill and everyone I know who went there left for other schools. There are only a few boys - I don’t know why they went there- and results aren’t actually that good compared to other schools...

Absolutely not true. I go there myself grades have remained high and they are one of the best IB schools in the world. I'm staying for sixth form and so are most of my friends. My friend in the year above loves it at the sixth form. Absolutely consider Stephen perse!
Reply 8
Stephen Perse Foundation has a good reputation. Not sure what this "Alice&&dd" is talking about.
Reply 9
Agreed, I know this is another 3 years later I’m a year 9 at SPF and I love it a lot compared to all my other schools but that’s mainly because of the people in my year. I joined in year 6 and went from nearly no speak to a leader amongst my year. Do recommend because my marks have retained high standards tho for Alice she may be a different type of person so the school may not work for her.

Since this is 3 yrs later where is everyone now?
Reply 10
Original post by Inc3me

Since this is 3 yrs later where is everyone now?

11 years later you mean?
Reply 11
Original post by Quady
11 years later you mean?

Oh yeah, wow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending