The Student Room Group

Which one do you suggest for me? college or sixth form?

Hello. I come to uk 2 months ago. Im 15 yo. I will take the GCSE exam in my first year. After gcses I need to choose college or sixth form. ı come new uk so ı dont know anything about college or sixth form. which one ı should to choose college or sixth form. ım waiting for your suggests!
Original post by şirin
Hello. I come to uk 2 months ago. Im 15 yo. I will take the GCSE exam in my first year. After gcses I need to choose college or sixth form. ı come new uk so ı dont know anything about college or sixth form. which one ı should to choose college or sixth form. ım waiting for your suggests!

It really depends. Sixth form is more structured and you are often in all the time (i.e. you can't go home during free periods and you don't have days where you don't go in at all). College offers a wider range of courses and you are required to be in less of the time. I hope this helps a bit and please feel free to ask questions.
Reply 2
Thank you for your interest. Are there any schools you recommend in North East London or East London? When applying to these schools, do they have any conditions or do they say that you need to pass this grade in the GCSE exam to enter the school?
Original post by şirin
Thank you for your interest. Are there any schools you recommend in North East London or East London? When applying to these schools, do they have any conditions or do they say that you need to pass this grade in the GCSE exam to enter the school?

I am not from London, so I'm not familiar with the schools. Colleges and sixth forms have entry requirements (grades you need to get in certain subjects.)
Reply 4
Original post by şirin

You need to meet their minimum grade requirements for the subjects you want to study (basically yes you need to get a certain grade in your GCSES for the subject you want to study. Unfortunately, Im not from London so I cant really recommend any sixth forms or colleges

I hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by Usyy
You need to meet their minimum grade requirements for the subjects you want to study (basically yes you need to get a certain grade in your GCSES for the subject you want to study. Unfortunately, Im not from London so I cant really recommend any sixth forms or colleges

I hope this helps!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending