The Student Room Group
Wow, 2 interviews now. 2 interviews and the SAQ from Cambridge, so you've heard from half the unis you've applied to. I still haven't heard from any :frown:
Me neither :frown: apart from Nottingham's welcome letter, if that counts for anything...
midnight_tiptoe
Me neither :frown: apart from Nottingham's welcome letter, if that counts for anything...

Well, at least you know they've got your application :smile: I've only had my UCAS welcome letter and for obvious reasons, I don't trust them!
Reply 4
Leanne when's your interview at Birmingham? I've got an invite to the Applicant Open Day on 16th November, but my letter said it's to "talk to you to give us more information than the UCAS form provides and thereby helping us to decide the most appropriate offer to make ." Is this an interview? Does it mean they're not sure whether or not to give me an offer? :confused: Panicking now, I want an offer from somewhere, don't care where, before my Cambridge interview!
i havent even sent off my ucas form yet, how is this fair??
Reply 6
"talk to you to give us more information than the UCAS form provides and thereby helping us to decide the most appropriate offer to make ." Is this an interview? Does it mean they're not sure whether or not to give me an offer? Panicking now, I want an offer from somewhere, don't care where, before my Cambridge interview!

Sounds like it is! I think they might talk to you about the course/why you want to do it. It could be a group interview or just an individual one to one. If I were you brush up on why you want to do the course/questions you could be asked etc. Good luck!

i havent even sent off my ucas form yet, how is this fair??

Would it be fair to penalise the people who got theirs in early just for the later applicants? No I don't think it would. Get it in early, you probably have a better chance.
Oh, I didn't update my response to this thread; I now have a Royal Holloway offer, yay!
Reply 8
*soph*
Leanne when's your interview at Birmingham? I've got an invite to the Applicant Open Day on 16th November, but my letter said it's to "talk to you to give us more information than the UCAS form provides and thereby helping us to decide the most appropriate offer to make ." Is this an interview? Does it mean they're not sure whether or not to give me an offer? :confused: Panicking now, I want an offer from somewhere, don't care where, before my Cambridge interview!

i have that letter too, I posted in the Bham thread a couple of times but I don't think you've been back to check it. I'm coming to that too! I think it's a group interview to see what you're like and possibly try and work out how likely it is you'll accept their offer?! Anyhow, I shall be there - takes me all of 40 minutes from Worcester to University, only 30 minutes if I went from home!
--------------
kellywood_5
Wow, 2 interviews now. 2 interviews and the SAQ from Cambridge, so you've heard from half the unis you've applied to. I still haven't heard from any :frown:

And a letter from Liverpool saying they're considering my application - that came quite quickly. Just waiting for Durham and Newcastle now, but they're both of a higher calibre!
I Havent Even Applied Yet!
Reply 10
i've got offers from sheffield and nottingham and had confirmation from manchester and bristol and cambridge. Durham have just ignored me, but it's ok coz they're northern and everythings backward up north.
I got my offer for Liverpool. 280 points. should get it easy.
I have to submit work for Oxford. I'll find out if I get an interview in december i think.
I have only recieved a confirmation letter from Nottingham.
Durham and St Andrew's still haven't replied at all.
Reply 12
St A take aaaages to reply. I haven't got any offers at all yet (nor any rejections so I suppose that's only a good thing!) All I have are 1 email (bristol) and 2 letters (notts and birmingham) and one notification of a course cancellation (the monkeys at birmingham)

Latest

Trending

Trending