The Student Room Group

Why is there no 'White English' option?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Broderss
I am intelligent enough to understand there is no such thing as a pure ethnicity in any sense so please don't get me wrong. I was merely raising my qualms with how it is deemed fair and correct to list every possible ethnicity and nationality for the sake of 'diversity' and 'tolerance' but when it comes to England and the white folk it is suddenly more correct to not include them and avoid them altogether to ensure they aren't labelled racist or intolerant. That's not equality, it's positive racism but not any less unacceptable - something people neglect to remember.

you're obviously very pasionate about this. Have you ever written to companies/gov office and ask why forms are labelled in such a way? How far (apart from venting on tsr/other forums) are you willing to go to fix this fault?
Reply 61
Original post by bunty64
you're obviously very pasionate about this. Have you ever written to companies/gov office and ask why forms are labelled in such a way? How far (apart from venting on tsr/other forums) are you willing to go to fix this fault?

I will sue Ofcom or whoever on discrimination grounds and for racism and causing me gross emotional distress.
Reply 62
I will sue Ofcom or whoever on discrimination grounds and for racism and causing me gross emotional distress.

Good luck with that.
You do know that ofcom is the communications regulator, not the census regulator?
You'll probably be wanting to look at the Office for National Statistics for that.
Reply 63

surely do some research first.... better yet, bring it to the attention of the edl. I'm sure a weekly piss up followed by a ruck will do a great deal to get the english recognised as an ethnic group. :smile:
Reply 64

:yawn: ok dude you're racist I think we get it now.
Original post by Mithra
If there is "White British" I can guarantee there is no "White Welsh" or "White Scottish".

Don't guaruntee it. It definitely exists, I always tick Scottish and leave out British. We have the choice of national identity.

And I wonder why people keep using the word racism? Celts are actually white as well..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Manitude
I totally understand that. I feel it too, but there are better ways of connecting to the past than shouting about how english you are and/or complaining about immigration/other cultures.

It's better to do something proactive and to do something good, than complain about what you believe to be bad. So long as you don't be a knob about it and go rioting.

but this is the only choice the white nationalists believe they have. Shouldn't they just form a political party, addressing the concerns of the white indigenous (and others of course, but primarily the issues which affect the indigenous)
Reply 67
Original post by Yawn11
:yawn: ok dude you're racist I think we get it now.

Please refrain from posting libelous comments about my person as it is illegal within the UK and the courts will find in my favour and you are defaming my character which could potentially be very dangerous for my personal safety.
Reply 68
Original post by bunty64
but this is the only choice the white nationalists believe they have. Shouldn't they just form a political party, addressing the concerns of the white indigenous (and others of course, but primarily the issues which affect the indigenous)

If you really wanted to, yes, but that wouldn't get far. The english are not in such a bad way that we need government legislation, we just need to remember our history.

I'm talking about making a personal connection to the past, through music, books and experiences. For me, that is enough.
Reply 69
Original post by bunty64

Everyone hates white people and English people for some reason, most likely out of jealousy and self hatred ingrained into them by political correctness and massive lack of any patriotism from our government or our fellow citizens, so any political or otherwise party created to raise awareness of the disgusting discrimination and absolute racism of positive racism against the white minority on this planet would be shunned and branded horrific, slanderous names. Democracy at its finest.
Reply 70
Original post by MeowKittenMeow
Its because British is not an Ethnic group and part of the purpose of the census is to account for various ethnic groups.

It's as much an 'ethnic group' as Welsh, English or Scottish.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've got an idea which might be why. England isn't an independent country, whilst Scotland and Wales are.

*An independant country is governed by it's own people. England is governed by the British Government (not the English government)
Reply 72
Original post by MeowKittenMeow
Its because British is not an Ethnic group and part of the purpose of the census is to account for various ethnic groups. Do you not understand that ? You Labour peice of ****e

Lol wut?

British is as much an ethnic group and Welsh and English is. Is Spanish not an ethnic group because sub ethnic groups, such as Catalonian and Andalusian, exist?
Reply 73
If you really wanted to, yes, but that wouldn't get far. The english are not in such a bad way that we need government legislation, we just need to remember our history.

I'm talking about making a personal connection to the past, through music, books and experiences. For me, that is enough.

all good and well remembering the 'history' of britain through music/books, but in a practical sense it won't solve much. The nationalists remember the history where britain ruled much of the world and it was a dominant force. Now they despair at seeing muslims voicing their right of free speech, but using it to mock them and their history.

History is just that, history. The glory years of britian have long gone and now we have times were we aren't that important on the world stage (as cameron knows) and domestic affairs seem to add to the woes of the white nationalists...

enough of my rant..... I do see your point about how your personally choose to experience the history/culture of britain.
Reply 74
Original post by bunty64
all good and well remembering the 'history' of britain through music/books, but in a practical sense it won't solve much. The nationalists remember the history where britain ruled much of the world and it was a dominant force. Now they despair at seeing muslims voicing their right of free speech, but using it to mock them and their history.

History is just that, history. The glory years of britian have long gone and now we have times were we aren't that important on the world stage (as cameron knows) and domestic affairs seem to add to the woes of the white nationalists...

enough of my rant..... I do see your point about how your personally choose to experience the history/culture of britain.

Maybe it's just that I don't care about other people so much :P
Reply 75
Everyone hates white people and English people for some reason, most likely out of jealousy and self hatred ingrained into them by political correctness and massive lack of any patriotism from our government or our fellow citizens, so any political or otherwise party created to raise awareness of the disgusting discrimination and absolute racism of positive racism against the white minority on this planet would be shunned and branded horrific, slanderous names. Democracy at its finest.

well I wouldn't agree with that, but as I said before, there are two choices;
vote at the pollling station or vote at immigration with your passports and claim that expat status...
Reply 76
Maybe it's just that I don't care about other people so much :P

yeah, I don't care fullstop tbh. However, I can see it from the point of the white nationalists (however illogical it may seem)
Does anyone else find it odd that ROI, China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan all have their own little boxes, yet England/Scotland/NI/Wales are all grouped into one?

Point of form is to determine where someone comes from, presumably for tax/immigration purposes, and whilst it doesn't matter whether someone comes from E/S/W/NI for tax/immigration purposes, it does matter whether they come from China or the Middle East.

Also, to put it bluntly and presumably pretty insensitively, the differences between an English and Scottish person to the untrained eye are small, whilst the differences between a Chinese and Indian person are massive.
Original post by Teveth
Lol wut?

British is as much an ethnic group and Welsh and English is. Is Spanish not an ethnic group because sub ethnic groups, such as Catalonian and Andalusian, exist?

Britain is made up of different ethnic groups. No The British collectively are not an ethnic group. And I won't speak for spain because I am not Spanish and niether are you.

Britain is clearly made up of different indigenous ethnic groups all of whom have common ancestries in each region, self recognition as different ethnic groups, heritage and culture.
Get over it. When i tick mixed i dont have a hissy when it doesnt say white english. Spaz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending