The Student Room Group

Tattoo - jellyfish.

I'm planning to get a tattoo in a month of a jellyfish, but I don't know where to put it. My best friend is quite artistic and is happy to customise the design for me if I give her an idea of what I'd like. I've narrowed it down to three designs, but am not quite sure on the placement. It won't be on my back/spine though, as I already have something planned for that area.

These are the designs I've narrowed it down to:

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about the foot/ankle area? Depends how big you want the tattoo though. Oh and I like the last one best :smile:
why a jellyfish? is it gunna be colour?
Reply 3
I don't like the 2nd but the 1st and 3rd are good.
Reply 4
Original post by x_twinkle_x
How about the foot/ankle area? Depends how big you want the tattoo though. Oh and I like the last one best :smile:

I'd like it quite large, enough to show details. And yes, that seems to be the general consensus - I like it best too :smile:

losingtouch.

why a jellyfish? is it gunna be colour

Yes it will be in colour, probably purple/blue.
A jellyfish because I just love them! And partly because of a nickname I had as a child.
Reply 5
I would say, something like the last one and maybe on the back of your shoulder or ankle. and I like the colours you said
OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE SUCH A CREEP BUT HI THERE.
... Promise I'm not stalking you, m'dear :P

I'm stuck between 2 & 3
Reply 7
The last one is very nice, very distinctive.
Reply 8
Definitely first or third, second one looks like a used condom.

Hip? Ribcage? Inner ankle?
Reply 9
Original post by alexmagpie
OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE SUCH A CREEP BUT HI THERE.
... Promise I'm not stalking you, m'dear :P

I'm stuck between 2 & 3

CREEPING CREEPER. I honestly was thinking a few minutes ago "gee, I wonder if anyone will see the other thread and then come here and know who I am!"

----

Pretty sure I'll go with 3, and aja89, I think ribcage would be nice. Would it hurt more to have it done on such a bony area?
If I had to choose, third one.
I really like the 1st and 3rd :biggrin:

On ModBlog a while ago, there was a photo of an octopus (or it might have been a squid) tattoo on a woman's hip bone/lower stomach area and it looked ****ing awesome! So I vote you should have it on your stomach/hip.

I'll try and find the photo...
They're all good. Shoulder blade/going over shoulder would look cool, but if that is too close to your back maybe chest/shoulder going the other way. I dunno.
Reply 13
i like the third one. :tongue:
First or the third, but the third is my favourite and the colour is gorgeous. I would love a tattoo but I have no pain tolerance whatsoever, so maybe not in this lifetime. :h:
They're all gorgeous and the colours are lovely, they kind of remind me of a smaller version of this
(i know they are different animals xD)

^ that has got be one of the most beautiful tattoos i've ever seen.
Reply 16
Original post by DesignFreak
They're all gorgeous and the colours are lovely, they kind of remind me of a smaller version of this

That's absolutely gorgeous. Do you know which artist did it?
Reply 17
Original post by laut_biru
That's absolutely gorgeous. Do you know which artist did it?

Pretty sure it's James Kern although I'm not sure if it's still on his website. He's in the USA though.
Reply 18
i love the 2nd one, and on your rib cage :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by DesignFreak

That's gorgeous!

Quick Reply

Latest