The Student Room Group

Audition for 'Performance for stage and screen' at Sheffield Hallam

Hi guys.

I have be given an audition for the Performance for stage and screen at Sheffield Hallam on the 21st January.

Anybody else got one, would be good to be able to talk with others who have.

Anybody who as auditioned for this course, what did you decide to do for your audition? Any tips would be very helpful for me and for anyone else who has this audition.

Thanks and good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Trinalouse x
Reply 1
Hi, i have an audition on the 21st at Sheffield Hallam as well.
I'm still trying to decide what piece to do, so any help would be welcome :smile:
Crikey, I'm there too! :smile: At 2pm right? I just need a second performance to do, I already have my first. Is this your first audition guys?
Reply 3
yeah this is my first one. But I to be there at 10 am. My teacher said I should do Juliet death speech and an extract from the vagina monologues but I'm not sure if I want to.

any ideas on what your doing yet??

X
You should pick two contrasting ones, to help show your range... Other than that, my knowledge of plays is actually really small! If that's what your teacher has recommended, probably best to go with that. Other than that, try thinking of some plays that you enjoyed reading/watching, and find appropriate ones from there?
I'm going to be doing one from The Winterling by Jez Butterworth, and I'm not sure about the other one. Probably Kiss Me Like You Mean It by Chris Chibnall. Good luck for 10am Friday!

Quick Reply

Latest