The Student Room Group

Best tabloid newspaper to read ...

So what is the best tabloid newspaper out there?

Nothing like the Daily fail or the Daily Ewwxpress please.

Scroll to see replies

The Times
Reply 2
Best tabloid is sort of an oxymoron but I'd say probably the Mirror was the least objectionable, personally.
To read? Personally I rate tabloids on their ability to wrap chips & protect carpet from muddy shoes.
Reply 4
Original post by HumorousGent.
To read? Personally I rate tabloids on their ability to wrap chips & protect carpet from muddy shoes.

Original post by Jono404
Best tabloid is sort of an oxymoron but I'd say probably the Mirror was the least objectionable, personally.

The best news paper then? lol broadsheet included obviously.

The independent?
Reply 5
For me, the Mirror is the better of the tabloids. Lots of lovely colours and some times there is a dot-to-dot in the middle.
Reply 6
I quite like the Beano.
Reply 7
I'd take the sun simply for page 3. Times is the best newspaper.
Original post by 4TSR
So what is the best tabloid newspaper out there?

Nothing like the Daily fail or the Daily Ewwxpress please.

The Guardian :smile: I'm perfectly aware that this is not a tabloid and that's my point :smile:
Reply 9
People think I am weird because i read the sun for the comedy value lol
Reply 10
I hate those who look down on people like myself who will walk into the college Library and pick up a Daily Mail, or an Express - whilst peering over a copy of the Independant, it really boils my piss.

Sure, half of the articles might be trash and the choice of news sometimes debatable - but if you have the common sense you can easily spot all the bull**** in the paper, as opposed to treating them like they are the Plague or something. I only read the times for the Cricket/sport coverage and I'm getting to like the Guardian a little more at the moment as-well.
Why do people classify The Times as a tabloid newspaper? It was a full broadsheet - they just made it compact for commuters. I know it has the size of a tabloid, but it has just as serious articles as The Guardian or The Telegraph. Its like calling The Economist a magazine just because of the way it looks.
The Daily Sport of course
Reply 13
metro is free
Original post by Chengis
metro is free

:facepalm2: It is also worthless sh*t. Free newspaper-wise I would cast a vote on The Evening Standard.
Reply 15
Original post by alexs2602
:facepalm2: It is also worthless sh*t. Free newspaper-wise I would cast a vote on The Evening Standard.

I never said it was reputable.

You could use it for your fireplace if you so wish?
Original post by Chengis
I never said it was reputable.

You could use it for your fireplace if you so wish?

Yeah, that's true but you posted it in a thread titled "Best tabloid newspaper to read...". In general there's nothing but unreadable rubbish in the metro. I only pick it up if I'm looking over someone's shoulder and see an article that seems interesting. The Evening Standard, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable; I regularly read it from the front cover to the business section(because sports bore me).
Reply 17
As my Nan says 'I wouldn't put The Sun on the bottom of the budgies cage.' Anyone who sympathises with the victims of Hillsborough should not buy it.

For me, if I want a bit of lighthearted 'tabloidness', I read The Mirror, just for it's fabulously biased point of view :P
Just print off some the register articles?
Seriously if you are into tech and love British humour they are golden.
Reply 19
Original post by blatchcorn
Why do people classify The Times as a tabloid newspaper? It was a full broadsheet - they just made it compact for commuters. I know it has the size of a tabloid, but it has just as serious articles as The Guardian or The Telegraph. Its like calling The Economist a magazine just because of the way it looks.

The Economist is a magazine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending