The Student Room Group

Were my AS-levels ''certified''? (i dont have 'certificates for them)

Hello

Id really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the following query:

I completed a set of A-levels in 2008.

in august 2007, i got results for 4 AS levels (note: i have all results slips).

The results slip stated the four subjects, with 3 modules in each subject. each module (or 'unit') within each subject was given marks and a grade. An overall grade for each subject was also given on the results slip.

In one of these AS subjects, i got a grade E, hence i didn't carry it on to the full a-level. for this subject, i have an actual 'certificate' for this one subject ie an a4 piece of rigid paper with my grade/subject/name/uci number and reads something like 'this is to certify that john smith sat the examination held in....and obtained grade....'' as far as i know, i got this certificate a few months after getting the results in august 2007

i cannot find certificates for the other 3 AS levels awarded in 2007. as far as i know, i was never given certificates for them, even though i got results slips with as grades on them. These were the ones which I did carry on to full A-level, and i ended up repeating some modules of the AS.

in august 08, i was awarded new AS grades for the 3 subjects i carried on, and an overall A-level grade for each subject. I DO have certificates dated summer 08, with overall a-level grades and new AS grades on the certificate.

do 'cash in' and 'certified' mean the same thing?

are my results from aug 07 certified, even though i dont have certificate(s) for them?

thanks if anyone knows

im asking this as im unsure how to put it into the education section of the ucas form

note: i am aware that in 2007, you had to 'decline' an AS grade if youre resitting, you dont have to decline it nowadays.(if thats of any relevance to the qu)
(edited 13 years ago)
Since you carried the other AS Levels onto A2 you won't get a certificate.
You'll get should of got a certificate for your A2s since they are now the full A Level.

You 'cashed in' your AS so got a certificate for that.

Hope that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending