The Student Room Group

Cheap but nice makeup brands?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fhewitt1
I recommend the sleek eyeshadow palettes, not sure what its called but its got tonnes of neutral shades in it for super cheap :smile: And topshop blushes (only £6!!), Barry M's kohl liners last all day and dont run (like MAC 'smoulder' does for me unfortunately) and MUA shadows are nice pigmentation for just £1.
And I hate how No7 are trying (and failing miserably) to be a high-end brand... the quality just isn't there and to be frank i think their packaging is quite dated, so I'd steer clear of them.

A tip to remember when trying to save money is - i personally would rather spend my money on MAC or NARS because i know i'm guarunteed good quality, whereas if you go into Boots or Superdrug and have it in your head that everything's super cheap and start buying tonnes of products it might end up being more expensive than a trip to the makeup counter. At least there an MUA can try a product on you and you can see if it's actually worth it, than doing a massive haul of products your not sure that your going to like.
:-)

EDIT: plus, i'd choose my NARS laguna bronzer over 3 l'oreal lipglosses any day :-)

Just cos you mentioned MUA and I tried them too and was so surprised by the quality for the price! I swear by their face powder!
go to superdrug, Sleek makeup is absolutely fantasic for eyeshadow and their stuff isnt too bad! a really nice eye pallet is about £6 which i think is really reasonable especially as it's really pigmented
I love beautybosshacks! Forgot the website address but they have some really good products, based in the uk too. Relatively cheap but the products are really unique!

Quick Reply

Latest