University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Foundation year 2011/12 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by antici-----pation

just re-read my protfolio review invite and it says we will receive an e-mail telling us the results of our application. All this time I thought I have been expecting a letter, but obviously not (well maybe they will send one as well - a lot of paper for 3000 applicants though.) You may all know this already but i didn't. hope it helps. And yes... i am going to go into cardiac arrest everytime i see i have got an email... great.

I know the feeling, what did you apply for if I haven't asked already, which pathway? (:

L
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
foundation - diagnostic. I know everyone is saying this but i have a massive feeling they are gonna send e-mails/ letters tomorrow. you? whats your work like?
Reply 182

foundation - diagnostic. I know everyone is saying this but i have a massive feeling they are gonna send e-mails/ letters tomorrow. you? whats your work like?

Kinda having that feeling to! Crazy mind! Fashion and Textiles. I did 8 pieces of clothing, a purse, a chair, collages, life drawings, illustrations and sketches, gaahh. What's yours like?

L
Three paintings, two set of photograph projects, drawings, two sketchbooks, life drawings, and illustrations/ childrens characters i have created
Reply 184

Three paintings, two set of photograph projects, drawings, two sketchbooks, life drawings, and illustrations/ childrens characters i have created

Sounds like the same amount as mine! (: I was afraid I put to little stuff in the portfolio, but it said
quality not quantity so I went for strong but few pieces rather then just too much..Hopefully that was good..

L
Reply 185
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
I would guess that they have to compare the portfolios. I know that the highest grade is 25 (5 in all of the 5 selection criteria aspects), but they will probably have to see what they have and then decide the lowest grade that will get in...At least that's what I've been thinking. CSM probably has the same online portfolio deadline, so I assume that throughout this week they will be seeing all the online ones and then compare them all and send the letters the week after this one starting on monday. I guess that the lowest grades were sent the rejection letters already (?) so maybe we're all on stand-by. But don't take me too seriously I might be completely wrong, this was just a guess...

What is that thing with the highest grade system, how do you know that and is that what they do at csm, which are their criterias? I just ask beacause this is complete news to me (:

L
Reply 186
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
What is that thing with the highest grade system, how do you know that and is that what they do at csm, which are their criterias? I just ask beacause this is complete news to me (:

L

Yes, I think all foundation courses at UAL have the same criteria. I looked at the csm foundation page, on the tab "Entry requirements", and the criteria is listed there, wich a description of each aspect. Check it out if you want :smile:
Reply 187
Oh, and for the record, I feel a bit more worried now. Shouldn't have read the descriptions :P
Reply 188
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
Oh, and for the record, I feel a bit more worried now. Shouldn't have read the descriptions :P

Oh my, think i have read it earlier, when I applied. I don't know if I dare to! Haha...:/
Did you only apply to ccw?

L
Reply 189
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
Oh my, think i have read it earlier, when I applied. I don't know if I dare to! Haha...:/
Did you only apply to ccw?

L

Unfortunately yes...I had a lot of universities and colleges to apply to, but then I lost my sense of time and only had time to apply for ccw. I'm only 17, so I have a whole other year to apply to as many as I want to, but well, I do really want this.
Reply 190
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
Unfortunately yes...I had a lot of universities and colleges to apply to, but then I lost my sense of time and only had time to apply for ccw. I'm only 17, so I have a whole other year to apply to as many as I want to, but well, I do really want this.

Then I am OLD compared to you, haha. I look young though, haha. I think I did match all the 5 criterias, some more and some less, but overall. I hope so at least. (; When do you think you will get an answer?

L
Reply 191
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
Then I am OLD compared to you, haha. I look young though, haha. I think I did match all the 5 criterias, some more and some less, but overall. I hope so at least. (; When do you think you will get an answer?

L

Ahaha, are you over 19 already? Yes I think that overall i match the criteria, although I had a different idea of was "Research and investigative skills". I though that as I had a lot of life drawing that would count as "investigative skills" at least (the truth is I don't like life drawing for itself that much, I mostly do it so I can learn how to draw this or that, and then perhaps use it in illustration work or something like that). I'm hoping to receive a letter next week maybe...As I literally just submitted my portfolio (last thursday!)
Reply 192
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
Ahaha, are you over 19 already? Yes I think that overall i match the criteria, although I had a different idea of was "Research and investigative skills". I though that as I had a lot of life drawing that would count as "investigative skills" at least (the truth is I don't like life drawing for itself that much, I mostly do it so I can learn how to draw this or that, and then perhaps use it in illustration work or something like that). I'm hoping to receive a letter next week maybe...As I literally just submitted my portfolio (last thursday!)

Yes I am! (: Ah I see what you mean! Yes well it is said that they are looking for individual talent more than proof of previous coursework, so let's hope we got what it takes! I think I'll have to wait until the end of March before I can expect any news, good or bad. I so want to get in!

L
Reply 193
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
Yes I am! (: Ah I see what you mean! Yes well it is said that they are looking for individual talent more than proof of previous coursework, so let's hope we got what it takes! I think I'll have to wait until the end of March before I can expect any news, good or bad. I so want to get in!

L

Ohh me too! I just have to stop stressing about it. I can't concentrate on anything without starting to think about wether I got in or not. I was on a carnival mini-break, so let's hope that with school work I'll be more distracted from this uni stress.
You're from greece right? How's the educational system there? Do you have any degrees/further education courses? Here in Portugal you have 12 years of school, I'm on the 12º. People here are preparing to take university admissions exams and I haven't applied for any as I really don't want to go for a degree here x)
Reply 194
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
Ohh me too! I just have to stop stressing about it. I can't concentrate on anything without starting to think about wether I got in or not. I was on a carnival mini-break, so let's hope that with school work I'll be more distracted from this uni stress.
You're from greece right? How's the educational system there? Do you have any degrees/further education courses? Here in Portugal you have 12 years of school, I'm on the 12º. People here are preparing to take university admissions exams and I haven't applied for any as I really don't want to go for a degree here x)

I see! Fun! (: No I'm from Sweden, we go to school until we are 19! (:
Reply 195
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
I see! Fun! (: No I'm from Sweden, we go to school until we are 19! (:

Oh >.< sorry about that then! The proud country of Frida Gustavsson I suppose :tongue:
Reply 196
Original post by yaravel

Original post by yaravel
Oh &gt;.&lt; sorry about that then! The proud country of Frida Gustavsson I suppose :tongue:

No worries! (: Yes exactly, she is gorgeous! I know portugal is in Europe, but are you a member of EU now as well?

L
Reply 197
Original post by jsoul

Original post by jsoul
No worries! (: Yes exactly, she is gorgeous! I know portugal is in Europe, but are you a member of EU now as well?

L

Yes it is. I don't think I would be able to apply otherwise. The international fees are so high! It's almost ridiculous :|
Anyone heard anything today?!!!
no -.- but i need to know soon cause i have another foundation offer that i need to let them know if i accept or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending