The Student Room Group

What grades can I get on to the second year

Hi. I'm doing a level 3 extended diploma in uniformed protective services. In this first year I got a distinction, which in all honestly I'm not really happy about as I felt like I could of done better. I was wondering, can I get a DDD or higher next year. The modules I got was

Distinction (12)
Distinction (12)
Merit (12)
Merit (6)
Pass (9)

So yeah what is the best grade I could get on the second year with this? Or is it better me ditching and doing a access to higher education course. My goal is to get into a good university.
Original post by kampucheaenjoye
Hi. I'm doing a level 3 extended diploma in uniformed protective services. In this first year I got a distinction, which in all honestly I'm not really happy about as I felt like I could of done better. I was wondering, can I get a DDD or higher next year. The modules I got was

Distinction (12)
Distinction (12)
Merit (12)
Merit (6)
Pass (9)

So yeah what is the best grade I could get on the second year with this? Or is it better me ditching and doing a access to higher education course. My goal is to get into a good university.

Have you looked at specific universities and their requirements? You might be putting undue pressure on yourself to achieve perfect grades if the universities don't require it.

It's difficult to say what grade you could get next year as some modules might be worth more credits and therefore carry additional weighting compared to others. If you're concerned about your progress and options, do you have the option to discuss this with your college? They might be able to offer you tailored advice and support for the final year of your course :smile:
Hey man thanks for the response

I have taken a look at the universities I want to go to and it's Exeter and Cardiff Law. It's a DDD-DDM requirement, but my ideal is DDD. I have discussed with a career advisor today and they said the fact I got a distinction on this foundation is good. But I'm just aiming to get good grades. I'm also going to ask my tutors if its possible I could do an extra module

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending