The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

I am in year 12 and my school has not officially give out predicted grades yet, but I am at ABB at the moment. I really want to do medicine but I am not sure whether any universities will consider my application with these predicted grades. Does anyone have advice of what I should do?
Reply 1
Hello! You do several options, first you could check if you meet the medicine with gate year criteria. The degree is longer however the a-level entry is lower (e.g ABB). Or you could apply for graduate entry, where many universities don’t take a-levels results into much consideration.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by hi1415
Hello! You do several options, first you could check if you meet the medicine with gate year criteria. The degree is longer however the a-level entry is lower (e.g ABB). Or you could apply for graduate entry, where many universities don’t take a-levels results into much consideration.

Hope this helps

Thank you! Do you know if the courses with foundation years are more competitive?
Reply 3
Original post by kundilover123
Thank you! Do you know if the courses with foundation years are more competitive?

I believe all medicine courses are equally competitive :smile: It’s always best to give it a shot when applying
Reply 4
Original post by kundilover123
I am in year 12 and my school has not officially give out predicted grades yet, but I am at ABB at the moment. I really want to do medicine but I am not sure whether any universities will consider my application with these predicted grades. Does anyone have advice of what I should do?

Heya!
I would recommend checking out medical unis entry requirements, and use this medical comparison tool. You could also talk to your teacher and discuss if there is a way you could increase your marks :smile:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 5
Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend checking out medical unis entry requirements, and use this medical comparison tool. You could also talk to your teacher and discuss if there is a way you could increase your marks :smile:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest