The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Foundation year 2011/12 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Ahh thanks for your help and well done on getting into CCW!!! Yeah I really regret applying to CSM over CWW for foundation, not just because I got rejected, but I've heard so many bad things about it since applying that I didn't realise before and also I think its so unfair that waaay more international students get accepted compared to home/ EU's. Obviously I would have loved to have been offered a place because it would be an achievement getting in but maybe being rejected wasn't such a bad thing after all! Fingers crossed there are places at CCW at the end of April.. Gunna try applying then instead. :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I got in ^^
Original post by tiffanychan1992
I got in ^^

Hey! Well done! I got in too, I totally just got lucky I think.. Are you applying for accomodation or are you from london? x
Reply 383
tiffanychan1992 and katherinejklo, do you have your portfolios somewhere online? It would be really cool to see portfolios of the people who get accepted - just to get an overall idea, as I will be applying next year! (:
CONGRATS GIRLS!!!!!
I am still waiting and im freaking out!!!

what pathways are you in ? fashion ?
Hi guys, I got a place at St Martins too!

Congrats to everyone else who did and good luck if you haven't heard yet.
I got in on the diagnostic course even though i applied to fashion and textiles :s-smilie:
Iv'e heard so many bad things about them not helping you and they were so unorganised on getting back to us i really don't know whether to go or not :frown:
someone help me decide :frown:
I applied to Epsom too and got in there. i really like the place but it hasn't got the same reputation but i feel the lecturers etc will be much more helpful!!
well done you guys :-)
Reply 387
to those that got in congrats! who sent you the email? was it annette welland?
Original post by cafedeflore
CONGRATS GIRLS!!!!!
I am still waiting and im freaking out!!!

what pathways are you in ? fashion ?

Good luck love!! and no Im in diagnostic!

Original post by FrankieHarris9793
I got in on the diagnostic course even though i applied to fashion and textiles :s-smilie:
Iv'e heard so many bad things about them not helping you and they were so unorganised on getting back to us i really don't know whether to go or not :frown:
I applied to Epsom too and got in there. i really like the place but it hasn't got the same reputation but i feel the lecturers etc will be much more helpful!!

I'm in a similar situation, I got an offer from kingston and other places as well and I loved it there in kingston and the course and the people as well! Its so hard to choose! :frown:

Original post by Belle0393
to those that got in congrats! who sent you the email? was it annette welland?

Thanks!! and yeh it was haha!
Hello, i got an offer for diagnostic at st martins!

Here's my flickr eniidnu :smile: I was rejected from Kingston though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imogenmh/sets/72157625815984359/
Reply 390
Original post by Imogen9286

I like your drawings. Very interesting work. You were rejected from Kingston? Can't see how...
Reply 391
I got an offer for performance design pathway

Omg i got reject by kingston too and got accepted at csm hahaha.
Original post by eniidnu
tiffanychan1992 and katherinejklo, do you have your portfolios somewhere online? It would be really cool to see portfolios of the people who get accepted - just to get an overall idea, as I will be applying next year! (:

I did have one for kingston application but then deleted it. I will upload on soon at get back to you x

I was rejected by Kingston too wooo. Wanted to go there as well cause it so close to me but oh well :smile:. I really like your work! Kingston just don't realise what they're missing put on yet :wink: :biggrin:. We have till the 28th of april to decide right? :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by FrankieHarris9793

Yes, I've been told by several different people the same thing about CSM course. (Facilities at Backhill aren't very good, wayy over subscribed, classrooms just tables and chairs. Most of the student are international, and the usual stuff about hardly any personal time with tutor/feedback. Basically you are just a number, it's very impersonal).

BUT!... Nevertheless... if you have been offered a place then aslong as you are aware of what it's going to be like... maybe worth going for the experience, opportunity! And the name! Who wouldn't want CSM on their CV... even though they have gone downhill over recent years in terms of teaching etc.

Take up the offer? You've done v.well to get in :smile: Also I calculated it's only 6 and a bit months you are actually there.

I have been offered a place on a foundation course at UAL... but I applied to the CCW one. I was totally put off Central Saint Martins.
Reply 396
Original post by cocacola123
Ahh thanks for your help and well done on getting into CCW!!! Yeah I really regret applying to CSM over CWW for foundation, not just because I got rejected, but I've heard so many bad things about it since applying that I didn't realise before and also I think its so unfair that waaay more international students get accepted compared to home/ EU's. Obviously I would have loved to have been offered a place because it would be an achievement getting in but maybe being rejected wasn't such a bad thing after all! Fingers crossed there are places at CCW at the end of April.. Gunna try applying then instead. :smile:

Yeah there probably will be because there are a lot of people who had more than 1 choice, and many who didn't have London as their first choice just because it wouldn't be practical to spend the year here.

I was told today that only 35% of applicants got offered a place. So still really competitive.

I wonder what the percentage was for CSM??
Okay, so I'm really confused.
I got an e-mail saying that I've been offered a place on Foundation art and Design at CSM. Then they said that I have to go to "Orientation Art and Design".
I thought this was mandatory until I had looked it up just now, what is this exactly? Am I accepted onto the foundation course or do I have to "pass" this orientation THEN get on foundation? I'm so confused!!! :frown:
I'm an International student :confused:
Original post by sarainthesky
Okay, so I'm really confused.
I got an e-mail saying that I've been offered a place on Foundation art and Design at CSM. Then they said that I have to go to "Orientation Art and Design".
I thought this was mandatory until I had looked it up just now, what is this exactly? Am I accepted onto the foundation course or do I have to "pass" this orientation THEN get on foundation? I'm so confused!!! :frown:
I'm an International student :confused:

Hey, theres another girl thats in the same situation as you. I think it means you need to first go onto that paid course, before you can get onto the foundation course, which i think is a bit silly and ridiculous. But its up to you if you can afford it or if you can be bothered doing that.. good luck! x
Original post by arty
Yeah there probably will be because there are a lot of people who had more than 1 choice, and many who didn't have London as their first choice just because it wouldn't be practical to spend the year here.

I was told today that only 35% of applicants got offered a place. So still really competitive.

I wonder what the percentage was for CSM??

it says on the thing its about 5 to 1 place, so thats 20% of the applicants can get in, i think.. but kingston is even more competitive, they said its about 10 to 1! I'm still thinking btw the 2 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending