The Student Room Group

Motorbiker lifts weights.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
I read this and became very nostalgic tbh

Great to hear from you mate, didn't expect to hear from you again!

Since 2015, I've finished my degree, I'm in my third job just doing large animal vetting having done 18 months of everything previously.
Moved to yorkshire,now in West Midlands. Same gf, absolutely not having kids :tongue: but I do have a cat that I got through my first job. I've steadily gained weight, having been around 80kgs 3-4 years ago I'm now 100kg of raw sex appeal..... still lift as often as I can and have recently started tug of war which is the first sport I've ever started and been utterly utterly useless at. Grip strength of peace required

Nearly all the regulars have gone tbh, only a few of us remain. Fitness forum in general has died as the next generation come through

How's the lifting going a week on?

100kg of raw sex appear haha I bet you are! I used to live in the West Midlands (Coventry), bit of a change from Yorkshire I bet. Didn't realise you were a vet! Brain and brawn.

Consistency is the biggest thing and you've stuck with it, which is an achievement in itself. Your numbers on deadlifts and pullups are strong, and I see you're sticking with the futile OHP(!). I wish I stuck with it but life can get in the way and get impossibly stressful at certain times. It's a shame the forum has died down. Funnily enough, I see more 16-24 year olds in the gym than ever so they're obviously in to it....or maybe just there for the instagram profiles?

It's been good going back but slightly painful with DOMs. I'm re-learning exercises and have completely forgotten a bunch so having the old posts on here is useful. For comparison, I can currently do zero pullups, am benching 40kg for 10 reps and weigh 85kg...used to weigh 72-75kg. I barbell squatted for the first time (50kg) and it was tiring as hell. I get muscle fatigue quickly at the minute, but bought some good old creatine (actual creatine not the codeword!) from GoNutrition which I know I responded to quite well in the past.

I live in a small town now and have around 3 local gyms which are average in terms of equipment. They don't have the interesting stuff like farmers bars, sleds, box jumps etc and I'm pretty sure none of them allow chalk. Ah well, I'm not at that stage yet but hoping by Christmas I can get back to full strength.

Will drop in from time to time.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest