The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by kelsey
I received a conditional offer for MSc European Studies (Research) last month - it was made unconditional as of this morning! I plan on doing the Political Economy stream and stay on for my PhD.

Original post by pruthap
Hello everyone.

Got an unconditional offer (for M.Sc. Management and Strategy) :smile:

Congratulations to all who got one too :smile:

Congrats folks!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 181
OMG, just literally received my offer...I was just checking LFY then BAM, offer, conditional! SO OVER THE MOON
Reply 182
Original post by kelsey
I received a conditional offer for MSc European Studies (Research) last month - it was made unconditional as of this morning! I plan on doing the Political Economy stream and stay on for my PhD.

Hi Kelsey,

If you don't mind me asking, how come did your letter become unconditional? Did you meet your conditions already? Sorry i'm just freaking out as i have a conditional offer on the basis i graduate with a certain gpa.. and was hoping that could just randomly and miraculously turn into an unconditional offer and I dont have to worry about gpas! :tongue:
Aloof what do you want to focus on???
Reply 184
Original post by PKU_Research007
Aloof what do you want to focus on???

My offer is for MSc Comparative Politics (Democracy), I wish they still had the Asia stream though, But it's still amazing, will be sort of a second choice for me as I did not meet my offer back in Undergraduate level. :smile:

What about you?
im in LSE IR but still waiting to hear back from the LSE-Peking University program >< I'm a solid east asianist, if I end up at the IR program I plan to do my dissertation on Chinese nationalism and East asian Regionalism if im at LSE-PKU my LSE dissertation will be on how Mongolia independence during the republic of China era is the cause of Chinese territorial sovereignty theory.
Aloof if you haven't already join the fb group!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 186
Original post by Aloof347
My offer is for MSc Comparative Politics (Democracy), I wish they still had the Asia stream though, But it's still amazing, will be sort of a second choice for me as I did not meet my offer back in Undergraduate level. :smile:

What about you?

Why is 'Democracy' in inverted commas?
Reply 187
Original post by goewyn
Why is 'Democracy' in inverted commas?

Is it in inverted commas, it's supposed to be brackets Lol

Anyway the brackets simply mean the stream/ track i am applying to, as they have many different specific area of interests such as Latin America, Markets and Economy...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by Aloof347
Is it in inverted commas, it's supposed to be brackets Lol

Anyway the brackets simply mean the stream/ track i am applying to, as they have many different specific area of interests such as Latin America, Markets and Economy...

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought there might be some units in common between Comparative Politics and Political Theory, which is what I'm doing, but it appears not.
Aloof by any chance did u also apply for LSE-PKU?
Reply 190

Nope...are you trying to find other people that's doing your course?
yeah the ambiguous due date is driving me up the wall.
Reply 192

How long do we have to make a decision to take the offer? Is it 6 weeks? I've always wanted to study at LSE, and I am waiting for SOAS to give me a decision, and I can't believe I am going to say this, but I am actually thinking between the two...Guess I just have to wait and see =)
no LSE is indefinite offer, I can't believe you are really considering the asian politics msc the courses look lame. Who forces you to take a development course for politics??? I blindly applied to it because I gushed at the term "asian politics" until I realize the course offerings are a bit.....meh
Reply 194
Original post by pruthap
Hello everyone.

Got an unconditional offer (for M.Sc. Management and Strategy) :smile:

Congratulations to all who got one too :smile:

hi pruthap,
I have a conditional offer for MSc Management & strategy as well, congrats on the unconditional offer. what uni u from , i am from bristol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 195
anyone doing msc politics and communication 2011/12?
Reply 196
hello everyone...I was following this thread for a while, and now I have a question. I was offered a place at Economic History phd program two weeks ago. I am crazy about it. Though the funding part confuses me a lot. I am an overseas student and cannot afford both the tuition fee and living expenses. I am hoping to receive a full tuition fee waiver (or something close to it) and I know it is really difficult but what is the chance of obtaining LSE phd scholarship as an Economic history phd student? My academic backgroun is not bad (I've graduated first in the class from my first degree and have two masters)

Does anybody have any idea?
Reply 197
Original post by gk7447
hi pruthap,
I have a conditional offer for MSc Management & strategy as well, congrats on the unconditional offer. what uni u from , i am from bristol.

Firstly, I would like to congrats you. I'm planning to apply for the same program next year, with the second choice - Msc Management Science (Decision Science).

Therefore, I would like to ask you about your profile.

I'm from Slovakia and I'm currently a PhD student with major in Computer Science, previous degrees were also in Computer Science, and at the time of applying I would have around 10 months of work experience in a major international service provider.

Last summer I attended LSE Summer School where I found great interest in Strategic Management.

During upcoming summer I would like to pass GMAT examination, what were your results?

If you do not like to share this information in public, please send me a PM.

Thank you.

Martin
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by franny
hello everyone...I was following this thread for a while, and now I have a question. I was offered a place at Economic History phd program two weeks ago. I am crazy about it. Though the funding part confuses me a lot. I am an overseas student and cannot afford both the tuition fee and living expenses. I am hoping to receive a full tuition fee waiver (or something close to it) and I know it is really difficult but what is the chance of obtaining LSE phd scholarship as an Economic history phd student? My academic backgroun is not bad (I've graduated first in the class from my first degree and have two masters)

Does anybody have any idea?

It will be intensely competitive. No one knows more than that. Have you applied for other sources of funding?
Reply 199
TO GOEWYN

unfortunately, there is not a single scholarship or award on earth that I am eligible for :smile: Overseas students in UK are unlucky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending