Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Grandfunk
Oh, okay, thanks for that. :smile:

Wow..what are the chances! A small world indeed. Have you decided if you'll be taking up your offer?

Definitely :smile: I've only come across a couple of people doing Pol Theory at all, so very chuffed there's another Australian too. Yeah, I've decided to take up the offer. And you? Have you applied to other places? What was your undergrad in?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 161
Original post by wobrien

Original post by wobrien
Congratulations to everyone here! :smile:

I just received an unconditional offer for my first choice MSc in Media, Communications and Development! Yah happy dance! Anyone else in that program?

Now to figure out funding and accom... I'm from Canada so any info on the different locations of the residences has been super helpful so far and look forward to figuring out what makes most sense.

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I applied to the same programme, but haven't heard back yet. If you dont mind me asking, when did you apply to the course ? Good luck in sorting your accommodation, I am sure you will find some place soon. Cheers! Jeevan.
Reply 162
Original post by goewyn
Definitely :smile: I've only come across a couple of people doing Pol Theory at all, so very chuffed there's another Australian too. Yeah, I've decided to take up the offer. And you? Have you applied to other places? What was your undergrad in?

That's cool! Yeah, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll be taking up the offer. I've only applied to the LSE and not to any other places. I think for social science LSE is the place to be. Have you applied to other places?

I majored in economics in undergrad so I've actually no formal training whatsoever in relation to political theory. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew :smile: What was your undergrad in? Have you submitted all the necessary forms (proof of degree etc.)?
Reply 163
That's cool! Yeah, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll be taking up the offer. I've only applied to the LSE and not to any other places. I think for social science LSE is the place to be. Have you applied to other places?

I majored in economics in undergrad so I've actually no formal training whatsoever in relation to political theory. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew :smile: What was your undergrad in? Have you submitted all the necessary forms (proof of degree etc.)?

I did a Communications degree so my background isn't politics either. Formal training, psht, that's what a coursework Masters is supposed to achieve, right? I applied to a few other UK universities but I'm coming around to the 'for social sciences LSE is the place to be' idea. Nah, haven't done the proof of degree forms yet. I'm writing a to do note for it right now though... :smile:

I assume you're working at the moment then? What are you doing? And will you be applying for accommodation via the residential halls or finding private housing?
Hi everyone,

I got a conditional offer for the MSc in Social Policy and Planning this morning, delighted with myself! Congratulations to everyone on their offers.
Reply 165
Anyone on here got an offer for MSc Economics / Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Reply 166
Original post by goewyn
I did a Communications degree so my background isn't politics either. Formal training, psht, that's what a coursework Masters is supposed to achieve, right? I applied to a few other UK universities but I'm coming around to the 'for social sciences LSE is the place to be' idea. Nah, haven't done the proof of degree forms yet. I'm writing a to do note for it right now though... :smile:

I assume you're working at the moment then? What are you doing? And will you be applying for accommodation via the residential halls or finding private housing?

Communications...cool! And you're right, that is indeed what a Masters coursework programme is for. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm currently doing a PhD although I tend to spend more time at my local, but i guess you can say that i'm 'working':smile:. I presume you're working too? How do you spend your days?

As for accommodation, I think i'll be looking at private housing. I thought about Grosvenor but they only have a 41 week contract and i'm looking to stay through summer. What are your preferences for accommodation? Will you be staying through the summer?
Reply 167
Communications...cool! And you're right, that is indeed what a Masters coursework programme is for. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm currently doing a PhD although I tend to spend more time at my local, but i guess you can say that i'm 'working':smile:. I presume you're working too? How do you spend your days?

As for accommodation, I think i'll be looking at private housing. I thought about Grosvenor but they only have a 41 week contract and i'm looking to stay through summer. What are your preferences for accommodation? Will you be staying through the summer?

Ooh what's your PhD in? And that's an interesting path, going from PhD to a Masters... is it because you want to change your field/focus academically or is it a vocationally geared change?

Yeah I'm working at two Sydney universities at the moment, I finished my undergrad a couple of years ago. I'm a research officer at one and teach social and political theory in my old Communications degree.

When you factor in bills etc and the time it would take to find private housing I think the halls will be cheaper (which is a strong consideration for me; it will be a stretch going to LSE in the first place) so I'm applying for the self catering, postgrad-preferred residential halls: Sidney Webb, Butlers Wharf and Lilian Knowles. Definitely staying through the summer; that's dissertation time, right? Although I suspect a good proportion of that time will be spent at the local (just the way it should be for a year in London).
Reply 168
Original post by Jeevan
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I applied to the same programme, but haven't heard back yet. If you dont mind me asking, when did you apply to the course ? Good luck in sorting your accommodation, I am sure you will find some place soon. Cheers! Jeevan.

Hi Jeevan,

I applied at the beginning of January. Nice to find someone whose applied to the same program! When did you apply?

Good luck with the waiting game, I know it can be super stressful. Hope you hear good news soon!
Reply 169
anyone on waiting list? I have been waiting for ages........
Reply 170
anyone here got an offer for MSc Management and strategy
Reply 171
Original post by wobrien
Hi Jeevan,

I applied at the beginning of January. Nice to find someone whose applied to the same program! When did you apply?

Good luck with the waiting game, I know it can be super stressful. Hope you hear good news soon!

Hi Wobrien,

I applied on the 24th of January..guess I'll have to wait a little longer to hear back from them. Yup, its super stressing - I follow the LFY tracker literally every 10 minutes. I am sooo pathetic :smile:

Haha..anyways, hope to get some good news soon! Wish you all the best! Jeev.
Reply 172
Original post by goewyn
Hi guys, just kicking off a new thread for discussion of accommodation, visas, drinks, and all else that may come up over the next months.

I haven't looked much at accommodation yet... I'll have to get my research on a little later in the picture when applications are open, everything has been so busy since Christmas!

There's a guide for offer holders on LSE For You which I skimmed, it pretty much said you have all the time in the world to accept your offer. No limit. 1 month certainly no object. I'm holding off too until I know a bit more about funding.

I haven't received my letter yet, and it's almost the 4 weeks they quote. Then again, it may have been delivered but eaten by snails already :s-smilie: My letterbox is a scary place.

Yeah I got two offers from them. One for Actuarial. But I probably had much better grades than you, so I wouldn't feel bad tbh. Also its' spelt LSoE.
Reply 173
Original post by Door
Yeah I got two offers from them. One for Actuarial. But I probably had much better grades than you, so I wouldn't feel bad tbh. Also its' spelt LSoE.

I don't really understand your point in this post. But, uhhh, points for making me laugh?
Reply 174
Original post by Door

No it's not.

Go troll somewhere else.
Original post by Jeevan
Hi Wobrien,

I applied on the 24th of January..guess I'll have to wait a little longer to hear back from them. Yup, its super stressing - I follow the LFY tracker literally every 10 minutes. I am sooo pathetic :smile:

Haha..anyways, hope to get some good news soon! Wish you all the best! Jeev.

Ditto. Applied 21st Jan but my second reference wasn't processed and attached to my application until Feb 2nd :frown:

Does anyone know if they update the tracker at a certain time of the day? I'll probably continue to check it far too regularly, but it might help me control myself... :tongue:
Reply 176
Received an unconditional offer for Msc Media, Communication and Development :smile:
Wish you guys good luck!
Original post by lovekababs
Hey Poorva!

MSc Management and Human Resources here!

hey, hey!! got an offer for the same course! Are you going to accept yours?:smile: Congratulations!
Reply 178
I received a conditional offer for MSc European Studies (Research) last month - it was made unconditional as of this morning! I plan on doing the Political Economy stream and stay on for my PhD.
Reply 179
Hello everyone.

Got an unconditional offer (for M.Sc. Management and Strategy) :smile:

Congratulations to all who got one too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending