The Student Room Group

Save yourself and DO NOT work at Sports Direct!

Scroll to see replies

I agree it's utter $hit.

I left after two months and started working at deliveroo.

It's much better but same problem as not as much hours as desirable
Original post by Anfanny
I'm awful at sports does this mean I shouldn't even think about applying? Lol

You don't need to know anything about sport to work there as long as you have basic knowledge. You will learn on the job.
Reply 62
Original post by Anfanny
I'm awful at sports does this mean I shouldn't even think about applying? Lol

Not really cause you're not really forced to play sports lol
dw if you get the job, you'll get trained.
I've never read such :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: in my life. Sports direct is a great company to work for, your shifts don't depend on how many bags you sell it's the amount of effort you put in, you have to upsell products because you get commission if you sell them. Your hours are based on your avaliablility and the size of the store you work out. I love my company. You have to show around your neck, waist band and ankles to prevent internal theft like most places. It's a good idea and you're all idiots for thinking otherwise.
Original post by Caitlin109
I've never read such :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: in my life. Sports direct is a great company to work for, your shifts don't depend on how many bags you sell it's the amount of effort you put in, you have to upsell products because you get commission if you sell them. Your hours are based on your avaliablility and the size of the store you work out. I love my company. You have to show around your neck, waist band and ankles to prevent internal theft like most places. It's a good idea and you're all idiots for thinking otherwise.

Well said:yy:
Original post by Caitlin109

I remember an old SM saying that to me (and someone else) that I'd get more hours depending how many bags/insoles etc as one day I was having an off day when I was on tills with the bags one day, and an old full-timer agreeing with him, and I just thought it's not fair what a load of c***!

Luckily this manager got moved to another store as he was awful, and since having decent managers who give me plenty of hours! :biggrin:

(But I agree with you)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJHERBZ
I've worked at the godforsaken Sports Direct for almost a year now and it is a horrible, horrible job. This is genuine advice, avoid it at all costs!

Despite having been working there for over a year, recently I've been getting a whopping 0 hours of work per week. I suppose thats the brilliance of a 0 hour contract. Combine this with the fact that my pay rate is £3.61 per hour and it leaves me pretty damn poor. They know I'm available all weekend yet I'm lucky to get a three hour shift.

Also, the job itself consists of the most monotonous tasks imaginable, most of the customers are convicted felons and the managers are tyrants.

And finally, each store plays the same CD of unsigned, disgustingly unoriginal artists from all the worst genres of music. Just to avoid paying a little extra money.

AVOID!

To be fair, you weren't really under any delusions that you were working in a luxury boutique in the Burlington Arcade, were you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending