The Student Room Group

personal statement again:/

Hey guys, I plan on doing a tech based course next year but I do not study computer science or maths (I will be doing a foundation year). I have no idea on how to structure/write my personal statement as someone who has literally no work experience in the tech field. What do I do?
Original post by 35kammy21
Hey guys, I plan on doing a tech based course next year but I do not study computer science or maths (I will be doing a foundation year). I have no idea on how to structure/write my personal statement as someone who has literally no work experience in the tech field. What do I do?

You don't need work experience, you need some reading or activities to show your interests.
Do you code? Is there anything you've built or written that you've worked on?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
You don't need work experience, you need some reading or activities to show your interests.
Do you code? Is there anything you've built or written that you've worked on?

Unfortunately I have not built anything yet. I only recently started researching coding and I am now working on learning a programming language this week. Do you think I'll have enough time to start and complete projects by Jan for my personal statement??
Unfortunately I have not built anything yet. I only recently started researching coding and I am now working on learning a programming language this week. Do you think I'll have enough time to start and complete projects by Jan for my personal statement??
Projects don't need to be complete. In your PS you can talk about your research of coding and your experience learning the programming language.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Projects don't need to be complete. In your PS you can talk about your research of coding and your experience learning the programming language.

Alright, thank you so much for your help!

Hey!

If you are applying through UCAS a personal statement needs to be suited to all of the courses and university's you are applying for, so to be able to do this you need to make your personal statement related to everyone. If you are making a direct application to a university for a specific course, then it would be best to talk more in topic about this particular course and subject.

It is always great to talk a bit about yourself as well, so that the university can get to know you on top of your academic interest! We recommend that two-thirds of your personal statement is about your subject. Within this you can include extra reading you’ve done around the subject. The final-third should be about any relevant work or voluntary experience you might have, and any extra-curricular activities, such as sport, music and leadership positions. 😁😎📚

You can always follow our guide here for help 😊

Essex Official Rep - Morgan ✨🌞🎓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending