The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

I'm so, so excited for Dawnguard.

Now if only I could fix my game before it comes out. I've tried so many times to delete and reinstall the game to get rid of the PS3 water crash bug, but to no avail.
Original post by sputum
do it in style
[video="youtube;v4o-6Ro81oo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4o-6Ro81oo[/video]

Ahaha this is brilliant. +rep for bringing this to my attention.

Anyway - recently got back into Skyrim (not exactly the best time study-wise but oh well) - got a 100% destruction spells magicka reduction armour set made, finished the main quest (what a disappointment that was, by the way - it's like I'd never even done anything!). Gonna go through the Thieves Guild quest line next time I get a chance to play :smile:
Original post by velvetbrain
[video="youtube;UT6_CcPsgZA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6_CcPsgZA[/video]

According to the comments he takes you to Hamvir's Rest (a tomb). And there's a book that talks about Hamvir being murdered. It talks about how his bodyguard was suspected of killing him, and so he was executed (by chopping off the head). Pretty creepy but cool stuff!

And one comment says if you use philter of the phantom you can talk to him properly - but I imagine that's not true otherwise someone would've done it and uploaded a video by now.
casually exploring and finding thieves guild armour :biggrin: i've been searching for it for ages since I need it to become guild master :biggrin: I had a fit when I found it :biggrin:
Reply 5844
Original post by JordanS94
casually exploring and finding thieves guild armour :biggrin: i've been searching for it for ages since I need it to become guild master :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Match

Spoiler

Aplologies for those who didnt know that, wanted to put spoiler things around it but i dont know how :colondollar:
And as if by magic, they've suddenly appeared :ninja:
Reply 5846
thanks :smile: The bit i wanted 'spoilered' was the 'these are what you need to do to complete it' but ah well :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
According to the comments he takes you to Hamvir's Rest (a tomb). And there's a book that talks about Hamvir being murdered. It talks about how his bodyguard was suspected of killing him, and so he was executed (by chopping off the head). Pretty creepy but cool stuff!

And one comment says if you use philter of the phantom you can talk to him properly - but I imagine that's not true otherwise someone would've done it and uploaded a video by now.

The only thing I found when I visited the graveyard was an axe, placed near a gravestone. Maybe that was some sort of reference to ghostly figure.

I may have to return to discover this book though, it sounds interesting! I love hunting for secrets!
The only thing I found when I visited the graveyard was an axe, placed near a gravestone. Maybe that was some sort of reference to ghostly figure.

I may have to return to discover this book though, it sounds interesting! I love hunting for secrets!

The book wasn't at the same place according to the comments. The guy said he found it in an old woman's house near falkreath?
Original post by hassi94
The book wasn't at the same place according to the comments. The guy said he found it in an old woman's house near falkreath?

Not too sure about this, I'll have a look later on!

I came across an abandoned shack the other day, I couldn't gain entry because it required a key. Is it a quest related location?

I came across an abandoned shack the other day, I couldn't gain entry because it required a key. Is it a quest related location?

No idea - that's all the comments said - not sure even how reliable it is!
So ... where should I go tonight? I'd like somewhere that has a nice lot of exploring to it, maybe some good loot and a decent amount of enemies to kill. I like Dwemer ruins, but I don't think I've got a lot left to do (is Sightless Pit any good, I think it's the only remaining one?)

I can't remember everywhere I've been already, but I have done all of the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and College of Winterhold questlines, the main questline up to Alduin's Bane.

I also remember doing the quest where you retrieve Mjoll's sword, where you return the lexicon for the Riften Fishery worker, where you search for Red Something's sword and were you retrieve a mask from a dragon priest for some guy dressed as an Imperial.
Reply 5852

That is indeed a quest location, just not for the quest you're doing haha
Original post by Jetmouse
That is indeed a quest location, just not for the quest you're doing haha

Thanks! I appreciate it! I thought it was pretty weird, I remember there being blood trails near the door! The shack is concealed within this thick layer of mist, pretty creepy.
Which house do you guys think I should buy?
Which house do you guys think I should buy?

You get a free room where you can store things at the College of Winterhold if you decide to join them (no pre-requisites).

You can then save up for that massive house in Solitude. :P
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
You get a free room where you can store things at the College of Winterhold if you decide to join them (no pre-requisites).

You can then save up for that massive house in Solitude. :P

Isn't the house in Solitude 25,000? I currently have about 15,000 so I'm almost there!
15000?
i can hardly get above 7000 without finding a trainer and spending all of it on skill training
do you not spend it at all till you reach 25000
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ahmed
15000?
i can hardly get above 7000 without finding a trainer and spending all of it on skill training

I don't like being wasteful, I don't spend much on trainers because I like to level my skills up! I just sell pretty much everything I find in dungeons and stuff!

I'm only level 21 :biggrin:
Original post by ahmed
15000?

I don't like being wasteful, I don't spend much on trainers because I like to level my skills up! I just sell pretty much everything I find in dungeons and stuff!

I'm only level 21 :biggrin:

Where do you guys spend your gold? :lol: I have constantly above 110000 gold since I was level 20 odd it never goes down and I spend so much money :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest