The Student Room Group

I think I failed an exam... :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Potiron
What should you do? Sit down, relax, pour yourself a good measure of your favourite beverage, read a book, play chess, blast loud music, do whatever you enjoy for a bit, think about something other than exams for an hour or two. It's over, you can't change it.

If you have other exams this exam period, think about them and getting them right.

If it's any consolation, I always did better on the papers I thought had gone badly and worse on the ones I thought went well.

Damn you!
I thought I did well in my exams last week..
Now im worried:confused::confused::confused:
Reply 21
Original post by Yasin-Ali
Damn you!
I thought I did well in my exams last week..
Now im worried:confused::confused::confused:

Ha sorry! That was just how it went for me! I know people who were the other way round!

But same advice goes...they're done now, you can't change them, don't worry, get drunk.
(edited 13 years ago)
Fail shmail. You did fiiiiiiine.

It's weird. It's always the girls who panick about the exams while the boys come out feeling calm, even though girls statistically do better than us.
Reply 23
Original post by Potiron
Ha sorry! That was just how it went for me! I know people who were the other way round!

But same advice goes...they're done now, you can't change them, don't worry, get drunk.

I know I know- our teacher's have been telling us the exact same
+ I do get what you mean about people who think they've done well doing badly and vice versa.
I also think it's a little psychological dont you think?
If you think you've done badly you dont aim as high and therefore are happier with your result and when you think you've done well you aim really high and when you don't get it you become miserable.
Reply 24
Original post by Potiron

If it's any consolation, I always did better on the papers I thought had gone badly and worse on the ones I thought went well.

Seconded. I resat Econ unit 1 last year after getting a C first time around, after walking out of the exam room I felt like jumping on train tracks. I completely misread one of the questions and did the complete opposite to what it was asking, I thought I was bound to get another C. But I ended up getting an A, it was a WTF moment for me....

And one of my other exams I thought I aced, I ended up getting a high C!!! I was mind ****ed..... don't worry about it OP!!!

Quick Reply

Latest