The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University 2011 Applications.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by williamrshore
Hia

Im a student union volunteer and will happily have any questions you have about Brookes.

Hi
just wondering what life is like at Oxford Brookes? Like the night life, the campus, accommodation? How far are the halls from the centre of Oxford and do the two Uni's mix much?

thanks
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Hi

Oxford Brookes is a university that caters for everyone. Yes theres a bar on the secondary main campus (headington hill campus) opposite gipsy lane. The halls distance to oxford varies depending on which you are in, but all are close to the major bus routes with buses every 15mins most days. The two universities dont really mix that much, but if you have friends there, there is nothing stopping you going to the other uni.

Night Life again varies on what your into, there is Morals Bar on campus that does events and is a good way to meet the other students. But like with any other major city theres night clubs in and around Oxford and on the cowley road in Cowley.

Theres 4 main campus's in total, Harcourt Hill, with large sports facilities - mainly teaching, there is Gipsy Lane campus - the heart of the university. Headington Hill Campus - home of the student union and Wheatley Campus - mainly the Business School/Engineering. Each has their own library - the largest is at Gipsy Lane - and is open at night for those last minute assignments/book reads.

The accommodation varies since theres a wide choice of hall : http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/accommodation

Some private accommodation landlords are also listed here - Sinnet Court and Slade Park.

Headington (10mins walk/3min bus) - same town as the main campus's are have shops selling all the essentials, - Waitrose/Iceland/ Bakeries/Cafes/Newsagent/Banks as does the gipsy lane campus.
Oxford - a big town with shops similar to most city/large town high streets as well as a few local ones.

Many Buses serve all the campus's and link them to Cowley,Headington and Oxford.
Reply 22
Hi everyone, thats for all your help, I thought i'd let you all know that i received an conditional offer from Brookes last friday! Although they are really quite still and I havent even heard anything from them via emails or anything lol, although i do know from research that I should be receiving a welcome pack and stuff soon :biggrin: x
I got an offer after interview yesterday for 32 IB points and I am quite happy.! My first offer, they did it quick and neat hahaha
Reply 24
I got an offer for Software Engineering! Is ANYONE else doing this? Haha
Reply 25
Hi

Just got confirmed for Business and Marketing Managment starting September and wondering if anyone was doing the same?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending